Mobridge Chamber Ice Tourney

• chomps
    Sioux City IA

Is there anyone here on the site attending the Mobridge Chamber Ice Tourney on Jan 9th? I know the field is limited to 400 teams of 2, and since the registration began Oct. 1st, they are all filled up. Just lookng for some place to get started, never been there before, and it is a big area. Bring on the ice!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’ll see what I can get for info. My brother in law fishes that area, but he’s really just a beer drinking farmer looking to get away from his family during the winter. So, I’m not real sure how much ice fishing info I can get you.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

nothing wrong with feeding the family in the winter!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

ttt, D-day is fast approaching, new to me area, any info as to ice quality and a few pointers would certainly be worth a few beers!

kooty
    Keymaster

My buddies haven’t fished that area yet. The snow followed by super cold weather has them holed up at home. Good luck!!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

there are a few college aged “scouts” going up a few days early, I have heard it is really hard to get around on the ice with anything less than a snowmobile, problem is the sled is in MN now. I’ll just plan on packing light and get my Richard Simmons tapes out to get in shape for the walking I’ll have to do. Weather won’t be a problem, and heck Sunday might even be good tanning weather, Kooty going to MN the following week around Chisago Lakes area and even jet up to the big pond for a day.

kooty
    Keymaster

Great, another Iowan coming to our state to steal all MY fish.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.