Cramming The Most Into Your Day, Fishing That is!!

• Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

With graduation coming up and the fact that I seem to have a lot of busy work lately, clean the house, fill out busy paperwork, fill out job applications, go to work, walk dog the list goes on and on. The recent weather fronts storming through the Dakotas have not helped much either. With a wedding this weekend and knowing I will be out of town I had the itch to get out and fish before the weekend hit. Upon getting up this morning it was raining pretty good so I threw the rain gear in and headed to the lake. Quick simple fishing outing. Small box of lures, 1 rod, the old car saving me a little gas money on the way. I was lucky enough to hit a small gap in the rain and was able to produce some decent fish in that time frame. Early in the morning the fish move up to the base of the rip rap to feed hard and I hoped I could cross there path while along there feeding route. I fished a 1/2 oz lip less crank pretty fast and aggressive making casts at 45 degree angles to shore to keep my lure closer to the rocks for more of the retrieve. At times I will even cast right down along the shoreline to run the base of the rip-rap more consistently. I got two smaller fish in the mid teens that went back and this fish that smashed the bait with only about 6 feet of line out sending me scrambling for the drag. (I commonly have the drag pretty tight when casting cranks, just to get a good hook set). This baby taped at around 25.5 and made my short fishing outing worth it. After a quick picture she was back in the water. Just goes to show you what you can do in 40 minutes of fishing. Hope you all can get out this weekend because I wont be able to.
    -Quintin.

PS the boat is ready to go and hopefully next week i get some stable weather.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Yeah I hear you, I trying to decide if ill have enough time to get the boat out for a bit tomorrow before work, with life and weather lately the chances haven’t been real good. Nice little outing for you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.