Weekend Update From Sodak

• Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

This past weekend I had the opportunity to fish with a few guys from MN up in the glacial lakes region. Brad contacted me through IDO saying they wanted some tips on the area. I had Saturday free so decided to run up and jump in with them and help to shorten the learning curve a bit. We had an awesome day on the water despite less than desirable conditions. (No wind in the Dakotas makes for tough fishing). First lake and spot of the day had us pitching jigs and minnows. I thought I was helping these guys, when i was down 4-0 i was starting to think what the heck. Anyway we put some nice fish in the boat up to 25 inches. After a short bite to eat and some more fatheads we headed to another lake to chase some fish for the grease. We again pitched and dragged jigs and minnows in 5-7 fow to get some fish for the pan. It seemed once again I could catch everything but walleyes. I got a 19 inch small mouth and a large carp that even bit my jig and minnow offering. Thanks again Brad and Jake for letting me hop in your boat. Hope you had a good time and can make it out again. Hope all of you at IDO have a chance to get out on the water soon – Quintin

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Nice looking fish! That didn’t happen to be on a body of water near Brookings did it?

bdlucas

Quintin – Thanks for your tips this past weekend it was a great trip–you have a great knowledge of that area. I will definately be returning this year..maybe this weekend. It was great fishing with you. We will have to meet up again.

-Brad

reddog

How come you never fish Minnesota anymore?

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Minnesota is still dear to my heart, I have alot of good connections back home in the west metro as well as my grandparents have a cabin up in the detroit lakes area. I am moving out here so this is where a majority of my lines will be wet.
    -Quintin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.