Waubay and Bitter Lake this weekend 4/13 – 4/15

• bdlucas

I am heading to SD this weekend and staying in Webster SD. I am a newbie to this and was wondering how to fish these lakes? Jigging/Rigging/Cranks? If anyone wants to part with any info it will be appreciated. Thanks Brad

jerry b
    western WI

If you’re camping, probably the best person to ask is the campground host. If they don’t know, they’ll know who to ask. Otherwise, ask where you buy your bait. Even if you don’t use meat, it’s a good investment. Be humble, they don’t like pushy out-of staters. A sense of humor is a plus. jerr

bck
    Big Stone Lake Sd

throw ssr-5’s or jig/minnow,jig /plastic along the shore.Focus on tributeries, also look for baitfish surfacing.This time of year the eyes are in one to two FOW. I often walk out in waders till I’m chest deep and cast back into shore.Good Luck!

bdlucas

Thanks for the tips guys. I will be taking my boat, but am willing to shore fish as well. Through all the cranks and plastics in the boat last night.

Brad

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I would focus on wind swept shorelines and points like the others have stated. The fish are shallow at prime time, but just off the that first break during the high sun hours of the day. According to my contacts, the bite is very good in that area right now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.