Swimbait Smiles……PICS

• Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

This post is a bit late in coming but with a shift and some class time I got somewhat busy. Anyway this past Friday I snuck out with some other college anglers and we decided to toss some minnows and swimmers around for some eager eyes. We found fish once we found some of the warmest water in the lake. Being it first outing of the year I can not give you an accurate temperature rating as all electronics were not full go yet, but you could physically feel that this water was warmer. We found fish in 5 FOW hugging some emerging weed growth, and they were hungry. I caught my fish on a larger 4.5 inch dark green swim bait. Later that night i got the call from Dad and a buddy of his that they wanted to come out to SD and get in on some of this hot eye action we had been experiencing. I worked at the bar that night and when the call came in at 6 the last thing i wanted to do was get out of bed. I was glad I got out of bed because it was a great day to be out on the water. We again found ourselves back in some back bays off the main body of water finding warmer water and active fish. The eyes were hungry as well as the pike were nipping off our jigs at quick pace. Some steel leaders were in order for these critters, didn’t seem to deter the walleyes. Dad and his buddy got the bigger two for the day at around 19 inches. Pike were a constant visitor and around dark the eyes set in again hard contining to smash swimbaits and now small cranks cast up to the shallows. A great time with my dad and some good friends. Funny how early in the year everything gets thrown together, couldn’t even find my nice fishing T-shirts and don’t have any clue where Dad found the ridiculous overalls. Gonna keep plugging away here before the spawn sets in and hopefully crack a slobo. Unfortunatly have an obligation in the cities this weekend so will hopefully report back next week. Good luck out there – Quintin

chirp
    Rochester

Sounds like you have them dialed in. Nice fish.

kruger
    Metro,mn

Sounds like a pg outta Doug Stange’s book…that guy loves the swimbaits haha. Nice catch

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Nice swimbait fish.
    Jack

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

All swimbait victims it is becoming my first option when i hit a new lake and also my old haunts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.