Last hardwater trip and first open water one. PICS

• Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Well with the recent Caribbean like temperatures sweeping through South Dakota I made some arrangements to get out on the ice one last time before it turned soft. We used waders to get out on a smaller lake that we had previously caught fish on and found them where we left them. These fish were holding in about 17 fow and were super aggressive. Fish were caught on chubby darters and buckshot rattle spoons.

That was Friday and by Sunday (3/17) we were a bit farther south in the state playing the shore fishing game as the boat has not even gotten out of storage yet. We fished rip rap shorelines with smaller swim baits twitched along at a fast pace to round up these pike and a few walleyes mixed in. If anyone has a great pickling recipe send me one because I need it. It was a blast to feel the tap tap on the long rod again. Hope you all get a chance to get out and play in the sun soon – Quintin.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Nice catch! There are a couple pickled fish recipes in the Recipe section. One of them is mine. My friends and I think it is very good.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Nice looking fish. Noticed you are still fishing pike and walleye this time of year out there. What are your seasons and limits on those?

chomps
    Sioux City IA

getting the boat ready this week to head up to SD, I was hoping to put one more trip together last week to ice fish, work gets in the way some times. Nice batch of fish.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

We can keept 6 pike a day with 12 in possession and 4 eyes a day with 8 in possession. Season never closes out here, and with the early open water I am feeling for the MN guys right now.

kvang
    MN

Not sure on SD but ND doesn’t have a closed season for pikes and eyes (well for the most part of ND).

chomps
    Sioux City IA

yeah you have a season for the mn/sd boundary waters, other wise for the most part it is all open season.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Very cool Quintin! Thanks so much for sharing, looks like a great time. Wild with the weather we’ve been having to be able to ice fish some lakes and open water fish others nearby within the same week!

Joel

jonboy
    Wausau, WI

Looks like Fish Fry ro me!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.