On Ice #0009 – Cal Svihel Webster SD Jan 4, 2012

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

Filmed Jan 4, 2012 in Webster, SD. These guys tough out 40 and even 50 MPH prairie winds on their trip and managed a great catch under tough conditions. You know the conditions are brutal when big guys are trying to find a wind break behind skinny dead trees!

loren_keizer

Nice job Cal and crew! I miss those SD jumbos!

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Cal thought you were headed to canada a?

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

Very cool! Brought back great memories of icing in SD growing up. Well spoken, nice approach and personality with the video. Nicely done.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Quote:

Cal thought you were headed to canada a?

Couldn’t find anyone to go with to split expenses. So South Dakota did a fine job and less expensive.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Thanks for stirring the ol’ memory pot Cal. When I live in NE SD, I didn’t have a clue how to ice fish. Heck, we were just happy to have a power auger, let alone a fancy dancy flasher. Somehow we managed fish at times though.

Anyway, I’m headed out there next week for work. I’m gonna hit an old slew/pond that I duck hunted a lot. It was always chock full of fresh water shrimp. There may not be a fish in there, but I’m gonna find out. If not, I’m headed to Waubay for the bite there. Can’t wait!!

Great job on your first of many “On Ice” reports!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.