Scheels raingear

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Does Scheels have anything comparable to Guidewear? I’m in need of a good rain suit and have always had good luck with stuff from Scheels.

Opinions from anybody that has used their stuff would be appreciated.

brian schultz
    Minot, ND

I have a set of there black stuff. I was a little water proof the first year. I’m on year 4 right now and it doesn’t keep me dry anymore. I have not tried there new stuff as I got a good deal on some basspro 100mph gortex.

tornadochaser

I really like my scheels outfitters extreme set. bibs and parka, non insulated. keeps me dry, and comes in tall sizes which I need.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I really like my scheels outfitters extreme set. bibs and parka, non insulated. keeps me dry, and comes in tall sizes which I need.

I rarely fish in the rain but one of my best friends does all the time and this is the exact gear he uses regularly

^

huntinforfish

I have the black and grey scheels set. Works great in a pinch for rain and is an excellent wind blocker. But, long use in rain has been just ok. I always seem to get a wet rear no matter what. I have heard if you re-apply a waterproof treatment regularly it makes a world of difference. Not sure where to start there though. If other have a product they recommend, i’d be all ears.

Cameron white

I have a couple friends that guide up at Wollaston lodge. They swear by the bass pro 100 mph gear. They started out with the cabelas guidewear, but within 4 weeks of daily use it wouldn’t hold up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.