Saylorvile Lake

• james
    Ankeny Iowa

Well I was able to get out on Friday for about 2.5 hours. Went out about 8:00 in the morning . I was able to get one cat and three whites. Water is cleaner than I’ve seen it in quite awhile. Water temp was 67 on the west and 69 on the east. Got most of the fish in 16 feet of water trolling. Hope to get out on Sunday morning . Hope to do better and stay out longer. Will post if I get out. Jim. bye for now

dm5000
    Des Moines, IA

Thanks James! We were beginning to worry about you… no reports in a while. Glad to hear you were out on the ‘ville. I drove over the damn Saturday afternoon but only saw sailboats and waterskiiers.

Catch ya later,
    Dave

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Hello Dave—- Well I’ve been a little bussy. Been gone on the weekends. Went to pool 9 for two days got back then went up again a week later to pool 9 for two days and then went to pool 4 for a day . When I’ve been home the weather has not been good so could not get out. Think I will stay home in Iowa for awhile anyway. Hope to get out and give some reports. I dought they will be as good as the days we had on the Miss. eather place 9 or 4. Pool 9 gave up some nice fish one 14 northern a 10 northern and one 8 northern and I dount know how many small mouth bass, and a few bucket mouths but no eyes. Pool 4 gave up some nice saugers in the 3 to 1 1/2 lb bracket. Nice eaters. It was the only day we had that the weather was nice. One day out of 5 that it did not rain and the wind didn’t blow and it was not cold. All 4 days on pool 9 was bad. Got chased off the water once by lighting. Hope to see you out there some time and you too Steve Z. If you see a blue and white Starcraft say hi only say it very load as I can’t hear very good hahaha. If you have a marine radio we run on channel….06

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

Hey james I hear Saylorville Lake is closed for remodeling right now. Maybe you went down there this weekend but I put some pics of the spillway in the BigCReek thread because they were unbelieveable to me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.