Savage 110 vs ruger precision rifle

• rubberduck
    east bethel

Looking at stepping up to a .338 lapua.
    Just curious if anyone has legit info on which is the better buy for the money and why. The saveage is 1350 and the ruger is another 300 bucks. Does anyone have experience with either or both?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I have the savage in 338lupua mag with a Burris f class glass on top. For a stock rifle, it’s pretty stout and very accurate with the load I’m sending

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

It’s hard to imagine that even if you were to buy both and shoot them side-by-side, there would be enough accuracy difference between them such that you would be able to see a clear winner. Rifles are just so good now, it just is exceptionally rare to compare 2 rifles of a similar level and be able to see a .25 or even a .1 MOA difference.

Both of these rifles have been extensively reviewed in Shooting Times, Rifle Shooter, etc and are broadly considered to be excellent shooters. With custom load development for the specific rifle, I highly doubt that you could see any consistent difference that couldn’t be attributed to the biggest variable of all–the shooter.

Grouse

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

I have the 110 in .243 with reloads and doing my part 5 shot groups less then a dime at 100, 200 yards at 300 its more me but quarter size groups are common, been a few times I have kept dime size at 300. My goal is shooting 600 yards and holding sub MOA.

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

I have a 110 300 win mag with a Burris. I can’t say anything bad about it. Beautiful gun nice adjustable trigger. Never had to resite it in after ten years,always dead on. Never had a ruger but I’m sure there nice.

rubberduck
    east bethel

Nice. Thanks for the feed back!.
    I was leaning toward the ruger but I have a savage model 12 .22-250 and absolutely love that tack driver. I haven’t found anything “bad” on either the ruger or the savage.mqy may just save myself 300 bucks and go with the savage. Thanks again for the feedback!
    -RD

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I own neither but have shot the Savage in that caliber (owned by my neighbor). You will be more than satisfied. As with most rifles nowadays, they’re more accurate and consistent than 99% of the people pulling the trigger will ever be.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I have had some time with the ruger in .308 so a little different but it was a great shooter. even sub MOA with bulk ammo. I dont have any experience with the savage but im guessing it is also a great firearm. Either way as long as you put some nice glass on it i doubt you will have any problems.

rubberduck
    east bethel

Think im going to go with the savage 110 elite.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.