Sam’s Club Blackstone clone.

• stevenoak

I’ve been looking to buy a small Blackstone. Just the wife and me. Through the course of the year will be from Florida to Canada. So, I want the portable model. Was watching for a sale. Then I was at Sam’s yesterday, one that “looks” identical was $100 less. Not sure if it’s made with cheaper materials and components, or it’s the Big Box volume. Was wondering if anyone tried one. Thanks

Matt Vogel

What size were you looking at? I bought the 22″ Blackstone from Sam’s Club last year for $99. It was towards the fall so I’m not sure if they were just clearancing out current stock or what but if you don’t need it now you could see if they do that again this year.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

For $99 or $79 it’s hard to go wrong even if it only lasts a couple seasons.

stevenoak

Found a couple comparisons. Sounds like Sam’s sends one to China and has it cloned. Only difference is Sam’ is 20,000 btu and Blackstone is 24,000. If you have a problem during the return period. Sam’s is easy peasy, just go get another one.. After that time, it seems like Blackstones customer service is outstanding. For such a small amount, I may try Sam’s and see if I like it. Unless I can find the B/S portable with the hard carrying case on sale. Beyond the warranty period, how many parts you going to buy for $79.00? Matt, was the one you bought a Blackstone or Members Mark?

Matt Vogel

Mine is actual Blackstone brand. My wife’s aunt found it online for that price but by the time I went online it was no longer available for ordering. She saw it pop up again for that same price a few weeks later and I was able to order fast enough to get one. Like I said, not sure if they were being clearanced or what, or why it went out of stock then back in at that price but I got lucky! I would def suggest going with a 22″ over a 17″ if its an option, my 22″ is about perfect, but I can’t imagine have less cooktop.

michael keehr

I have the Sam’s one at the camper and the Blackstone at home. They both work well but the Blackstone seems to retain heat better and the flame adustment seems better. 22 inch is a must. The 17 only has 1 burner. I had a Blackstone 17 at the camper and sold it to get another 22. It’s nice to be able to just have 1 side warm and other side for cooking when do this like chicken fried rice.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

I have the 22″ Sam’s griddle and my son has a 2 burner Pit Boss one that’s slightly smaller. The Pit Boss has a metal lid and the temp is easier to control. We’re both happy with what we have.
    Blackstone accessories are much nicer than the Pit Boss ones.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Besides the BTUs, check the total weight. Heavier should equal a thicker grill so less apt to warp.

Wallyhntr1
    Tonka

Another good grill destroyed smash

stevenoak

Update: Been watching for a deal on the 22″ One The Go all summer $199.00 to $219 everywhere. Camping World has them for $169.99. Think Santa in the brown suit and truck is bringing me one.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.