Making the straight Vermillion curved

• chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Sounds like a lot of bang for the buck! Nowadays, $300k for a job like that seems reasonable. I know the area they are talking about, and adding the curves back into it would really add a lot in character, but I wonder about flooding? I wonder if they will construct “Blow-bys” like they have in Hastings?

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I fished the “bendy” part of this river twice this summer, never moved a trout either time. Talked to a bunch of guys, they hadn’t seen or caught any trout either. Did see some nice suckers though.

jakefroyum

I (the company I work for) did this same thing on part of Minnehaha last January. If you remember January last year it was freakin’ cold. It is a lot of work but is pretty amazing to see and be part of. I don’t know who is doing the work on Vermillion or if its even been bit out yet.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

“Once we get some of the sediment problems fixed on the river, it could be one of the best angling rivers in the state,”

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Quote:

“Once we get some of the sediment problems fixed on the river, it could be one of the best angling rivers in the state,”

That’s kind of what I was referring to. Lots of sand, lots of mud. Not the kind of stuff you grow insects in, and without a lot of insects there’s going to be a limited amount of fish.

markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

Plenty of monster trout in the Vermillion. Just have to out in your time and figure out where the big boy are at. Making the river back to it’s natural course will speed up current, and decrease water temp. There will also be cut bank and/or lunker structures the trout need for protection. I have caught five browns 20″+ since last fall. One heck of a river, so close to home.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.