Pool 4 Trout

• andyb
    Farmington, MN

Went out for the evening yesterday with my boss (the girlfriend) and the old man targeting white bass with success but tied into my first P4 trout. Nothin big but she went 19″. I was quite surprised to catch one of these out here and boy this fish had acrobatic skills with leaping. Steph had some rookie luck with some walleye mixed in but just had to take a photo of my first P4 trout so just thought I’d share this.

Btw would someone know if this would be a brooky or brown?

jhalfen

That’s a brownie.

They’ll be around for another few weeks, then head back up into the trout streams as the main channel of the river warms up.

We see them with some consistency in the winter. Here’s James with one that he caught during one of our filming runs this February.

You wouldn’t think that you could catch brown trout in the Mississippi River, would ya…..it’s a great testament to improving water quality in our favorite stretch of the river.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Pool 4 continues to amaze me. Brown trout! Incredible.

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

I’ve seen a few browns caught in pool 11 also. There are quite a few trout streams in the area so I imagine a few find there way into the river. I also saw a musky caught below the dubuque dam last year. A very nice suprise, good job. Dan

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Quote:

I’ve seen a few browns caught in pool 11 also. There are quite a few trout streams in the area so I imagine a few find there way into the river. I also saw a musky caught below the dubuque dam last year. A very nice suprise, good job. Dan

I was just gonna say that we’ve seen them down in Pool 11. Last year my brother caught a 21″ brook trout on an 1/8th oz head and a firecracher ringie. The thing was quite huge. Good stuff, and congrats on the nice trout!!

stuart
    Mn.

I have got several on P4 over the years early in the spring.They never cease to amaze me with there power runs.
    Cool

mike_utley
    Zumbrota, MN

Dirty old river anyway!

big-bird
    Prescott, WI

My first ever blade bait fish on pool 4 was a brown trout..

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Thats cool

I caught a 23″ brown trout in the St. Croix river about 5 years ago

What a great supprise

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

That is cool. I never thought about trout in pool 4. Do these qualify for Evert’s pb pins?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.