Anybody heading to the Brule this weekend?

• shiner2367

This will be the first Brule opener I have missed in 5 years, since I don’t live in Duluth anymore, but it is flowing at 400 and I don’t think the 3 hour drive is worth it. I’m looking at heading up next week once the flows start coming back down. If anyone does head up, I would love to hear how you did.

rmarshall

good thinking, we have always tried to find flow under 200cfs, no doubt more fish will show up with some warmer weather, we fished the mouth of the sioux last week through the ice and found alot of smolts and some mature fish staging.

shiner2367

I don’t mind the high water as it tends to keep most people away, but when it is 250+ it makes it pretty difficult to cross and get to some of the spots we like. There are a few people heading up so when I get a first hand report I’ll post.

shiner2367

Well, we made it up to the Brule on Wednesday and found some fish. Water was 37 degrees and flowing just under 200…….perfect! Here are some pictures……

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Good looking Brown. See any Steelies in the river?

shiner2367

We caught 8, none were steel……I’m heading up again this weekend and expect to find them now that the water has warmed up…..

hazencm22
    Eau Claire, WI

me and my friend faimly should be hitting it up in a month or 2. this will be my first time. any advise. lol

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.