Said good bye to my princess

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Had to say good bye to Lily this morning. With so many ailments and no quality of life we had to make the difficult decision of when to say it was time.

I knew this was coming for weeks and never imagined it would be so hard. 13+ years of having her at my side, so excited when I would get home, running the fields, trotting along side the atv, sleeping along side me and those gentle nudges of “pet me”.

RIP Lily and thank you for all the love you gave our family

Attachments:
    1. DSCN1744.jpg

2. 100_0074.jpg

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

It’s that final goodbye that’s the hardest.

The day I put my beloved lab to rest, I stepped outside that night and looked up…not for anything in particular. First thing I saw was the brightest star, brighter than all the rest. Immediately I felt a comfort in that was her spirit shining down and thanking me for all the love I had given her.

The tears of sorrow I had turned to tears of joy for that moment in celebrating all the times we had together while she was alive.

Maybe look up into the sky tonight Randy?

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Sorry for your loss Randy. I feel ya and only good thoughts and prayers to all yall.

Derek

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Sorry to hear that Randy. Its day to day with my 15 year old girl.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Sorry, Randy. It’s never easy, even when you know it’s the right time.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I absolutely hate these threads.

Having gone thru it I know how hard it is. My dog never had a bad day, she was always happy to see me, always had time for me, never wanted to fight with me.

There is a reason they are called “mans best friend.”

jeff-pb-crappie-16.5
    SW Michigan

Randy, I am so sorry for your loss. Its been 8 years since I lost my pup and I still think about her everyday. RIP Lily.

rubberduck
    east bethel

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together….

Author unknown…

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Sorry for your loss Randy but you know in your heart you did the right thing. Dogs leave paw prints on our hearts. They just don’t get to live long enough in my opinion.
    RIP Lilly.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I hate these threads. Never any right words except so sorry for the loss. She’s in better hands now Randy….take comfort in that.

rwilliam
    St.Paul, Mn

I’m sorry for your loss Randy. It’s a sad day. I know it was difficult, but probably the right thing to do.

tim hurley

About Washington DC they say: If you want a friend in this town get a dog. More like the planet earth IMO, so hard to say goodbye to those amazing soulful animals that trust us and are a part of our families. Sorry for your loss.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I absolutely hate these threads.

I hate these threads.

I think it’s because most of us have felt that loss and that knot in your chest returns when you hear about it, and you feel horrible for the person involved.

It always gets better but no one wants to hear that when it’s so raw right away, so just enjoy the memories Randy, and you have my sympathies.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Sorry Randy,thats a tough call to make.I have been there.I’m sure you did what was best for her,take comfort in that. Rest in peace Lily,you will alway’s be in there heart’s and memories.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Darned dogs. They get ahold of your heart, and then they rip it out! Feeling your pain.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Thanks Everyone for the kind thoughts today. Much harder than I imagined it could be.

I’ve also hated these threads because it was the reality I knew I would endure like so many others. My dogs are like my kids. They work their butts off to please you, always seem to know when to give you some love, and ask for next to nothing in return. Our family was blessed to have a loving pooch that loved kids so much. She will be missed every morning when I get up and she’s not there to tug my hand to feed her as I’m making coffee.

We gave her a proper place in our back field amongst the new oak trees. The one place she new and loved the most. All I ever had to say was “farm”, and she about lost her mind trying to get into the truck. She spent endless days running this field and sniffing every square inch. Couldn’t imagine a better final place for her to rest her poor worn out body.

She played hard, rested very little, and gave us everything!miss ya princess wave bawling

rubberduck
    east bethel

Randy, I would be lying if I said I didn’t shed a tear reading this thread. My warmest sympathies and condolences go out to you and your family.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Sorry to hear about your loss, everyone should be so lucky to have a great dog to share in their life.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

My pup is honestly my best friend….. like everyone, sorry for your loss. It is never easy or something we accept easily. It shows how much you care and is a sign of how good your pup had it with you.

Timmy

Sorry, Randy. It sucks. But…..the sucky couple days is worth the yrs of pleasure. No doubt in my mind, it’s worth it.

And the dogs agree.

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

So sorry.

Besox

Had the same thing happen 9 months ago, still miss my partner. Hang in there time does help!

Iowaboy1

words cannot express our loss when our best friend is called back to hunt the Masters fields again.
    the honor that is bestowed upon us to take care of His pets while they are here is not something that should be taken lightly,we find that out when posts such as these cause us to bare our souls to other like minded caretakers.

To Lily,and all of our friends who have left us.
    may the fields you hunt always be free of stickers of all sorts,
    may they be full of birds and things to hunt and chase all the day long,
    may where your head rests be a reminder of your families home while here and the love you felt there,
    and someday soon,the creak of the door that is unseen will be each of us coming home to be reunited again.

RIP Lily.

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

One of the toughest days a person can have.

Attachments:
    1. 1F9411BD-6731-413B-8420-622874F4F0B9.jpeg

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Sorry for your loss Randy. Our 4 legged friends are missed more than our human friends in most instances. We all go through it as pet owners….hang in there

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.