Rustoleum "Never Wet" Water proof spray

• Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, MN

Has anyone tried this new stuff yet!? By the youtube videos, it looks pretty legit! It’s that time of year to be pulling out old ice shacks and suits and getting them looked over and cleaned up. I usually like to reinforce the seams of my ice shack, seats, jacket, and knees on my bibs with some sort of waterproof spray. Brands of spray I’ve used in the past like Kiwi and Scotchguard have had disappointing results…. They smell bad and never last. This new Rustoleum product looks promising. Let me know if you have any feedback on it with use on ice fishing gear or other brands you’ve found that work!

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

Yeah I went through a phase when I was filming the show and struggling with the glove matrix (warm, waterproof, with dexterity). I used it on my gloves and it would last about a week of fishing/filming. It also worked on bibs too and lasted a little bit longer. It really does work how it’s advertised.

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, MN

Ben,
    The Rustoleum Never Wet only lasts a week?

Rick Janssen

I have used it and it all depends on what you put it on and then how that item is used. On things that I don’t really use hard, it will last a long time. I always use in on my hunting boots at the beginning of the year and I get about 2-3 hunts before it is worn off. Be sure to do it OUTSIDE as the stuff smells bad. Also it will discolor your items so be sure you know that. I would think on a canvas ice shack it might last longer???

Chris Schoblocher

I have used the Rustoleum never wet outdoor fabric spray on my boat cover and it worked great. I found the outdoor fabric spray didnt discolor the cover either. it lasted about two years and Ill have to redo it in the spring when I get the boat back out of storage.

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, MN

It looks like they’ve re-done the formulas recently and made it clear so it doesn’t leave any marks. Separate ones for Auto interior, hunting gear/clothes, outdoor furniture, etc. I’m going to give it a try!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.