Rust proofing a new truck?

• KwickStick
    At the intersection of Pools 6 & 7

What’s best?

Mike Stephens
    WI.

I like auto armor. They have rust proofed my last 3 trucks when I bought new and never had any rust form. My 2004 F150 that I’m driving has 0% and I think it was a good investment.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Aluminum- ford

Trade off is corrosion Vs. Rust. Still worthless when exposed to salt.

If your in the Midwest, salt will eat up everything. All your going to do is slow it down, not prevent it. There is a number of good products out there. Do your homework on the installation. If they don’t cover everything inside and out, your just throwing money away

munchy
    NULL

A good carwash once a week during salt season.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Move to Florida.

yahbuddy
    Holmen, WI

Aluminum will still corrode. A product called sealout sprayed on the inside of the panels will slow it down considerably.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Don,t know if its the best ,but had mine done with 3m undercoat

KwickStick

I’ll skip Florida for now! jester Mexica too.

I’m hearing everything from “do nothing” to the latest super-whammy concoction-process.

Need to keep researching like Randy said.

Thanks!

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Two words: true coat. jester

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3962.jpg

Mike Stephens
    WI.

I’m hearing everything from “do nothing” to the latest super-whammy concoction-process.

Thanks!

Whatever you think,but I would quit asking others for opinions and do the work yourself.

KwickStick

Thanks

munchy
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>KwickStick wrote:</div>

Thanks!

Whatever you think,but I would quit asking others for opinions and do the work yourself.

If that’s the case, then we may as well shut down this forum, as that is what most people here are doing… tongue

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mike Stephens wrote:</div>

Thanks!

If that’s the case, then we may as well shut down this forum, as that is what most people here are doingtongue

I’m here to learn more about man made global warming, which religion I should be, who I should vote for and which is better Marcum or Vexilar. whistling rotflol rotflol rotflol

munchy
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Munchy wrote:</div>

Thanks!

If that’s the case, then we may as well shut down this forum, as that is what most people here are doingtongue

I’m here to learn more about man made global warming, which religion I should be, who I should vote for and which is better Marcum or Vexilar. whistling rotflol rotflol rotflol

It’s time you stop asking others for answers and do that work yourself! devil

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Yah but that true coat. . .

munchy
    NULL

But that’s only available at Lundegaard’s dealerships… chased

Mike Stephens
    WI.

Hey Munchy butt why don’t you stick your nose in where it’s wanted. I was talking to Kwik stick and apparently he got the message by saying thanks. Get out of your mommy”s basement sometime and you might be enlightened.

munchy
    NULL

Hey Munchy butt why don’t you stick your nose in where it’s wanted. I was talking to Kwik stick and apparently he got the message by saying thanks. Get out of your mommy”s basement sometime and you might be enlightened.

Classy guy!

I didn’t realize I lived in my moms basement? Maybe you should cut back on the drunk posting….

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

What a lame Arse jester jester

Never mind….you’re not worth it….

Wow mike, think you’re taking the sealant game a leeeeetle bit seriously.

I love when someone gives advice on the internet and then gets ticked when anyone else offers differing advice. Chill dude toast

Mike Stephens
    WI.

You both have nothing constructive to add in this thread from the get go so keep your pie holes shut. At least I submitted a legitimate response to the Op. So take your BS elsewhere. roll

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

You both have nothing constructive to add in this thread from the get go so keep your pie holes shut. At least I submitted a legitimate response to the Op. So take your BS elsewhere. roll

You told us mike!

The thing I love most about the Internet is people who can’t handle when their opinions aren’t treated like gospel truth. Never gets old.

munchy
    NULL

Actually, my response “Weekly Carwashes” is probably the most constructive of anybody’s here….

Although new cars no longer need it and some automakers will void the factory corrosion-perforation warranty if the car is undercoated by a third-party, this hasn’t stopped some dealerships from promoting undercoating as a dealer option,

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2012/03/16/five-costly-car-dealer-options-to-skip.html

I’m done here.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

IMO, undercoating a vehicle is minimal help. That salt spray gets everywhere and if the metal isn’t already treated or not treated priperly you are in trouble. I don’t think it hurts, just doesn’t seem to help as much as you would think it should. When my vehicles are new i spray the bottom myself just to help with road noise and rock noise on the floors, helps with that a little.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

My opinion take it for what’s it’s worth: trade your truck every 3-4 years while it’s still holding value or drive it until it gives and let it rust who cares. Not a fan of rustproofing myself no offense if you are.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

What a lame Arse jester jester

Yowza…did JD Winston take over your profile? No, perhaps not as you have posted some adversarial comments before.
    This one seemed off base:
    “Man Andy maybe your the one that better wake up and see the light.”

And this; “You spoke for yourself Andy don’t ever try to put words in my mouth.”
    Totally out of context in that ongoing discussion. whistling

And now on this thread you seem to have some chip on your shoulder? Like you are following footsteps of JD or Jeff Huberty…anyone remember him? Same pattern, he got “das boot”.
    Take your anger and insecurity issues elsewhere. chased

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.