Centerville Lake Report

• rcn_brian
    Andover, MN

Hit Centerville Lake Jan 6th from noon to 9:00 PM. I fished in 16 fow in an area where other houses were set up. Fished with euro grubs and crappie minnows and caught sunnies and crappies. The bite was light for the most part. I watched fish on the locator come up to look at the bait, then get a light quick hit that I kept missing. I decided to drop the camera down a hole for 10 minutes and that helped to catch a few fish. The bite turned on at 4:00 and lasted for about 30 minutes, then slowed way down. After dark, I caught 2 sunfush and 3 crappies. Crappies mostly hit a minnow on a small hook and bobber. Sunnies were caught jigging grubs. I used different color gill pills and diamond jigs all day. The gold, glow white and red colors produced the most fish. It was a slow day overall, but a nice day on the ice. There were quite a few others out there and it sounded like it was a slow bite for everyone else.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

never have tried the lake befor, but it looks like I may have to give it a shot. how is the lake for pressure? thanks for the report

rcn_brian
    Andover, MN

It is fairly busy and sees a good amount of pressure, but it is not overwhelming like some area lakes.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

I get some time off during the week gonna have to try to get up there when the pressure is low. thanks again

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

It has been awhile since I fished that lake, much less ice fished it. See any thing decent for size? Nice report and thanks for sharing some info from that area!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thanks for the report. Did you see there is a contest out there in a few weeks? Think it was posted in the tournament forum. You may have to keep those fish dialed in until then.

Have you been hitting any other lakes in the area yet?

rcn_brian
    Andover, MN

I kept a few crappies that were 9″, and a few large sunfish. I threw back a couple small crappies and numerous medium sized sunnies.

The only other lake I have ice fished in the area is Peltier. It was a slow bite the day I went and I caught only a few sunfish. I don’t think I caught any crappies.

I did see there is a fishing contest coming up. What is the date of it again? I forgot to grab a flyer from the gas station. I would like to make it there if I am available that day.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

No need to stop at a gas station Brian!

Centerville Ice Contest Link

Thanks for the report. I haven’t been up there for a couple years myself and I can almost smell those gills in the frying pan!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

hi Brian,
    That’s the way to ice some fish. Looking forward to hearing more from the north side of town.
    Temp will be a lot more mild this week, hope to can get back out there.
    Good Luck.
    Jack

eye_hunter

centerville would be a cool lake to take a kid fishing. but, in my honest opinion, its not the best place to go for catching dinner. i have only caught small tiny crappies and gills there. dont know why, but cant locate any bigger pannies.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.