get any yet?

• tccat
    Minneapolis, MN.

Few nice carp being caught in a couple of my early spots on the miss. Anybody chasin carp or suckers open water yet? Ive noticed alot of movement and fish stacking up in slack waters.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I saw a kid catch a decent one down at Mill Ruins.

What nice parents too. They weren’t fishing, but brought him down so he could wet a line.

I don’t have any areas I fish with this high of water, but in 2 or 3 weeks I’ll be ready. Love spring carping and suckers and whatever else wants to be caught on a crawler on the bottom. I like to challenge myself this time of year with light tackle too.

dbright
    Cambridge

I went out on the rum and got a few suckers yesterday.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Fun, fun, fun! I don’t care what anyone says, sucker fishing in the spring on light tackle is a blast.

tccat
    Minneapolis, MN.

Quote:

Quote:

Fun, fun, fun! I don’t care what anyone says, sucker fishing in the spring on light tackle is a blast.

I agree, I do the same with carp as well. Carp on light tackle = fight of your life!!!

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Went out with a fellow IDOer on a bigger creek down by Mankato. We caught a bunch of chubs on ultralights to use as cutbait later on. Saw one big carp jump in an eddy, but man that water was moving!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I found out how fun fishing for chubs can be last year.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

They got spirit, I’ll give them that. Some were about 10″, which is a pretty healthy minnow!

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

My buddy down there has a 250 gallon bait tank in the basement, so I’m sure many a chub and bullhead will be thrown in there later this spring and summer.

kruger
    Metro,mn

For all the carp guys out there what would you say the right water temp for carp in the metro lakes would be to get them moving/biting? Could I head out right after ice out?

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

They’ll bite through the ice, so they stay active. I have seen some out and moving around. I’d say look for the warmest shallow water in lakes, or some slow backwaters on rivers and you can probably start getting them.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.