Carp sucker with a problem

• fishdale

Not sure what is up with this one. When I landed it there was a piece of dead skin/bone on the side of its head. This fell off in the boat to leave the hole you see in the picture. You can see its gills. The weird part is that the hole seemed to be square. Other then that the fish looked fine.

I do not catch many of these and thought it was kind of interesting maybe someone has a idea on what caused it??

markmoran
    Rochester MN

I think we can blame BK, probably fried it up for supper too! Carp Cheeks, its a delicacy…

Boogerbreath
    Bemidji, MN

It’s that prankster Pepie again! Get your $50,000 reward. Follow the link below and click the NEWS tap on the left for additional info.

http://www.pepie.net/

weldon
    Rochester, Mn

Lamprey?

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Lamprey?

Sounds like a very good possibility, but I would’ve though the lampery would go for a softer spot

fishdale

Quote:

Lamprey?

Are there Lamprey in pool 2?

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Are there Lamprey in pool 2?

I haven’t see one, but I’ve seen my fair share on the St. Croix, so I’d imagine they are in P2, as well.

The lamprey scars I have seen are rounder than that. Pretty much a perfect circle.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’d take an educated guess and say that lampreys require water about as clean as stugeon, that is why we might not see many this far upstream.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Either that is a new wound or it really isn’t hurting the fish too much. Looks nice and healthy otherwise..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.