Almost time!

• tccat
    Minneapolis, MN.

Carp fishing in the spring is one of my favorite things. Looking forward to it as it wont be long now. This one is from early april last year. That day i caught 10 fish like this in about an hour and left smiling. Fun Fun!

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Agreed! Going to try a feeder creek pool down by Mankato this weekend for chubs, suckers, carp, and whatever’s biting! 50+ and sunny? Yes please!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Oh boy! I need to spool up!

josh a

I saw an in-fisherman show last year where doug stange was fishing for redhorse suckers in the spring. Most of the show revolved around how great they were to eat, he even brought some to a restaurant to be turned into fish cakes. Has anybody here tried them? I think fishing for rough fish is very under rated

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Most of the show revolved around how great they were to eat, he even brought some to a restaurant to be turned into fish cakes. Has anybody here tried them?

They are good, but bony. The flesh is quite sweet, and they make great fish cakes.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

April-Mid May I like going after suckers and carp. You got me going now. I need to find a good redhorse creek around here in the south metro. I know one up in Coon Rapids, but it is a bit of a drive.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Rice Creek Pug? I know that is almost as far as the CRD, but…

How about Minnehaha?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Rice Creek Pug? I know that is almost as far as the CRD, but…

How about Minnehaha?

No, I haven’t had much look at Rice Creek in 20+ years, but it was good for carp in the spring when I was a youngster. I guess if you get up to the Locke dam you can catch quite a few, but what a pain. As a kid we snagged carp in there…until the warden caught us. Hey, statue of limitations.

There is another Creek that I will PM you about. Not sure how many people know about it, because when I fish there for red horse, I am usually alone.

tccat
    Minneapolis, MN.

First try last week was a success! Several common carp in the 5-10 lb range caught with one closer to 20lbs that popped off at shore. Battle Royale!

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

April-Mid May I like going after suckers and carp. You got me going now. I need to find a good redhorse creek around here in the south metro. I know one up in Coon Rapids, but it is a bit of a drive.

Maybe we could car pool?

Al

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.