Rod to pair with daiwa lexa 400 pwr-p

• Ny
    N Metro

Hey guys I am looking for a rod to pair with my new daiwa lexa 400 pwr-p. I bought this reel spur of the moment because I got a good deal on it. I just bought a 8’7″ 13 fishing Omen musky rod paired with a shimano calcutta 400D so I am looking for a rod to compliment that set up so that I am able to throw anything that I would like.

Ny
    N Metro

I am thinking of going with the Okuma EVx 9’3″ XH telescoping rod. Anyone have a review on the Okuma Evx rods? Or any Telescoping rods?

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

I was just looking at them at Thorne Bros the other night. They seem like a darn nice rod for 139.99. I have never used a telescoping rod except for trolling, but I can’t see why it would give anyone any issues.

Ny
    N Metro

Yeah Pat, I think I might roll the dice with it. Were the 9’3″ ones over there full handles or do they only have the split grip in that size?

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

Split grips. I just ordered one too! )

Ny
    N Metro

nice!!!!!!! That’s awesome

Ny
    N Metro

I picked up a 9’3″ EVx last night at Thornes, looks & feels like a nice rod! Not typically a fan of the split handle rods, but the handle on this model seems to be a bit thicker than others I have seen.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.