rod holders for flip over?

• yummymuskie
    A River.

i just got a otter cabin, other than the rod holders made by otter are there any other home built or store bought options to put the bobber rod in?

holmsvc
    SE ND

The otter ones are great I dont know why you would use something else.

ndrangerguy
    West Fargo, ND

When your shack is covered on long commutes the otter holders tend to wear holes in your cover. On my way home from Winnipeg last year my cover got abused by the rod holders.

CBMN
    North Metro

I used the simple Frabil ones. Pondered building and buying other options but just came back to these as they are stupid simple. I simply bolted them on using a stainless steel 1/4″ bolt of appropriate length and nylock nut. This allows you to tighten them for your needs and balance ease of use and limiting movement so the don’t rub on anything. They don’t take up much room or get in the way.

http://frabill.com/1644.html

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

When your shack is covered on long commutes the otter holders tend to wear holes in your cover. On my way home from Winnipeg last year my cover got abused by the rod holders.

For long trips especially, this is the reason I take them out of the holder and put them in a tote I keep in the sled. Once setup where you want to fish put them back in and your back in business

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ndrangerguy wrote:</div>

For long trips especially, this is the reason I take them out of the holder and put them in a tote I keep in the sled. Once setup where you want to fish put them back in and your back in business

+2

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Many years ago my brother gave me a cool portable rod holder he bought near his home in Michigan. Several years ago my buddy and I copied it and made about 8 more but I only have one of the new ones and the original. Both still work fine.
    I have always wanted to make more so I could have a couple and some for my close friends but I no longer run with the buddy that had the wood shop. If anyone near the metro has a wood shop and would be interested in getting together to make some of these let me know. I always use them for my second rod.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20141216_124702_890.jpg

2. IMG_20141216_124711_984.jpg

broman

I just bought this one this last weekend. I like how there is nothing to get in the way of a hook set. Hope to try it this weekend.

Attachments:
    1. image58.jpg

US-Johnson
    Austi Mn

I just bought this one this last weekend. I like how there is nothing to get in the way of a hook set. Hope to try it this weekend.

Take my money, where did you get that?

ndrangerguy
    West Fargo, ND

how many of the thumb screws have you lost so far? They seem like a pain in the butt to keep track of.

wgorby
    Greenville, Michigan

null

That holder is made by Eagle Claw…I ditched my red wire holders this year as well for these. So simple, no more quick hook sets with the holder in your hand and they fold up nice and take up way less room in your bucket for transporting. I got mine at Cabela’s…$4 and some change each i think.

TimJones
    Lake Osakis,MN

I got two of these a couple of years ago at FF I think it was. So simple but so nice.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.