Rock River & Lake Koshkonong Walleye action in May

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Sunday nights outing.

lundmann23
    Franklin

hey jeff, looks like sunday was just as good as saturday. i knew i should have came back. i sat on my a$$ all day sunday regretting not getting up early and going fishing. were you in the same spot again? i hope i can get some decent fish trolling cause i’m sick of the jigging bite but looks like the jigging is still working. i’m heading up to winnebago thursday night so hopefully the bite will be on.

Databoy, i covered quite a bit of water, eventhough it seemed like the fish were concentrating in a small area. i would take it easy out there with your boat though. the waves and pleasure boaters kicked up fast!!

lundmann23
    Franklin

wheres all the hot reports? heading up to bago tomorrow, will let you all know how it is when i return!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

We Fish and I caught lots of walleyes this morning. Watch out for the bug hatch. There hard to get off the boat, scrubed about a hour after fishing to get the slimming green bugs off.

lundmann23
    Franklin

well guys, i had a great three days of fishing this weekend. started out fishing bago on friday from 2 until 9:30. we went through 4 dozen leeches and 2 dozen crawlers. the action was non stop all day. lots of little ones but we kept 10 nice eaters for the fry pan. fished butt des mortes on saturday and had about the same results. lots of little ones but lots of action. heres the best part. fished the big kosh on sunday from 2 until 10 pm. started out bad but ended with a bang. started trolling at the mouth of the river down by newville and din’t get a hit in three hours. moved towards willow point and the action was on. we boated nearly 50 fish ranging from white bass to northerns to sauger and walleye. we caught and released 3 walleyes over 20 inches with the biggest being 26!!!! my biggest eye out of the rock river system. too bad i forgot the camera but i did not want to keep this fish just to snap a photo of it. trolling cranks was the ticket with blue and silver being the hot one. nothing on crawler harnesses at all. make sure your cranks are bouncing the bottom, this seemed to trigger them. we only kept three eaters but could have kept nearly 15 legals if we wanted. some of the smaller northerns had some kind of parasite on them. i’ve seen it before but mostly up north. and the white bass were huge but i’m not a fan of keeping them. hope everybodys weekend was just as good!!!! Lundmann23

P.S. jeff, i tried calling you on sunday to see if you were out but you must have had your cell off!

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Fishing up north on Spirit Lake over the weekend wasn’t spectacular but not too bad either. Our group boated a couple ski’s, the biggest was 37″. Friday evening we picked up a few nice eyes, 2 over 20″. Guess what we caught them on? Lots of perch in the mix along with a hand full of gills and a couple crappie and smallies.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Well Lundman, I missed out on Sunday too. Got an email from Jeff, but had to be out of town for the week. glad to see the river eye fishing has picked up though. sounded like the dead sea there, for a while. Now will have to decide whether to hit Pine, the rock, LaBelle, or Oconomowoc if I can get away for an afternoon this week. Decisions, decisions, decisions!

lundmann23
    Franklin

i know how those tough decisions are. i think i’m gonna stick with kosh for a while. the few times i’ve been out there have been pretty good. i hope everyone still thinks its the dead sea, less people mean more fish for me.

jeff, where are ya? i’m looking to see your report from last weekend. you must be on vacation hammering the smallies!!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Hi guys, I’m back. WOW another vacation perfectly timed. Wait until you guys see these pictures, should have them up by Monday night. Yes Mike I was fishing smallies. Left on Memorial day and came back today. Will be out fishing the Kosh this weekend. Fish it all you can guys, I heard water levels are going down. You know what that does to the lake.

lundmann23
    Franklin

i should be out fishing kosh early tomorrow morning. hopefully the bite is still on. jeff, keep your cell on, i’ll give you a ring if there hitting!!!

lundmann23
    Franklin

nevermind jeff, i know you will already be catching fish, i won’t need to tell you where. you might need to tell me though.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.