Rock river Walleye report 09-16- thru 09-18

• troy_vinson
    South Beloit ,Illinois

Leeches seem to be the most productive this weekend. Using stand up jigs chartruese/ green and chartruese/ pink

tipped with a leech vertical jigging and also just dragging.

Friday I had the spent the day my neighbor Joel who had never fished Walleye before . He had the best day out all of us in the boat. He landed a 26 1/2 inch eye on a chartruese willow leaf jigging spoon tipped with a leech. What a great way to get somebody excited about fishing for eyes. We managed to land five fish on friday all over 17 inches. No small eyes all day.

On Sunday was out all day with another neighbor Rodney action was good until the wind died about 4:00. We managed to land 4 fish over seventeen inches. All day we had seen only one fish under 15 inches. Again the key was stand up jigs(purple/pink and white/pink) tipped with a leech. Plus just the good olde split shot and hook drifting.

troy_vinson
    South Beloit ,Illinois

here are some more of this weekends catch( my future fishing buddy is in the background)

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Troy thanks for the great report and pic’s. It was great to see you on the water Sunday. Just wish I would of made it out Friday like you did. Welcome to IDA (in-depthangling.com)

I would have to agree with you on the stand up jigs Troy, I use the Original stand up jig called the Nuckle Ball Jig in the green/glow in 1/8oz by Fin-Tech Tackle Company that caught fish like this one Sunday in 5 fow. My jigs were tipped with half of a crawler and some Kick’n Walleye Scent

To order Nuckle Ball Jigs just click on Fin-Tech Pro Staff in red at the bottom of the report.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Matt A.K.A rancor and myself fished hard Sunday to catch three nice keepers in the 15 to 20 inch range which all were CPR on this day . Matt and I must of missed at least 20 fish and caught at least 20 under size walleyes and a few 23 inch pike and some pike that snap our lines. All and all this Sunday afternoon i would say the walleye won.

But Matt and I will be back next Sunday afternoon to try and win the next game, Walleye Versus Man .

This nice walleye Matt caught Sunday which we CPR to catch next Sunday to win the Superbowl of walleye fishing on the Rock River . I wish. JUST LET THESE WALLEYE GO SO ALL OUR KIDS CAN CATCH SOME WHEN THEY GET A LITTLE OLDER.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Watch out Jeff,

I plan to be out Sunday if the weather allows with a long time buddy that has not be out this year yet. Hopefully I will get him on some fish. As I told Z-man getting them in the boat is his problem (and mine in most cases )

Not the kiss of death this time!!

Way to go guys on the nice eyeballs

Hopefully see ya out there.

Z-man, Databoy, you gettin out Sunday?

Derek

troy_vinson
    South Beloit ,Illinois

Jeff it was good to see you guys Sunday. It got really slow after the wind died down so we went home early to drink a few Heinekens and fry up some eaters with the wives. Ted had told me that your the guy to talk to about fishing the Rock north of the Stateline for eyes.

I spend alot of time around Rockton and Shirland on the Rock , Sugar and Pecatonia rivers catching eyes. It has been good for me to get a change of scenery lately. It won’t be long and the Fall run will be full steam.

Have to make the long three hour trip up to the Miss. and catch some of those monsters Ted keeps telling me about.This
    is a picture of my friend Jasen with a Rock River eye in March. It was a 24inch Male Cpr’ed.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

The Packers certainly aren’t worth sitting home for, I wish I went last Sunday. All the good reports here were for Friday and Sunday. I fished Saturday and didn’t do so well, just 2 @ 14.5″. It was slow watching others Saturday too. I have to be in Madison Saturday morning so I may hop on Monona for awhile. If I do make it on the Rock Sunday would be my day too. Lately I’ve been sticking to the area from the mouth at Blackhawk to the first creek past the Hwy. 26 bridge.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Troy that is another nice eye you CPR in March .

As far as what Ted told you about the Stateline

I’m good from Newville WI to Jefferson WI, and I said good not great. Sometimes Ted gives me too much credit

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Finally done with my marathon work travels, and ready to get back in the fishing saddle and do some marathon angling. Been pretty much out of commission for about three weeks, and if I can keep my priorities straight, that’s about to change. Planning on hitting the Rock most of the day tomorrow, launching at Blackhawk…any of you guys gonna be out??? as for Sunday, Derek, sounds like fun, especially with a few of us IDA guys out there…gonna have to wait and see. Will report to you guys on my Friday outing, and might even tell the truth (?).

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Truth?

Now we can’t have that now!

Wish I could join you but data crunching is keeping me busy.

Have fun Ed and go get em.!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.