Fat Head Carp

• Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I heard on the radio this morning that there’s confirmed fat head carp in the Rock near Rockford. Those are the ones that fly out of the water and jump at boats because of the motor noise and smack you in the face!

That’s not good news since they can jump dams, repopulate rapidly, eat everything, and destroy other ecosystems.

We better commit to fishing it daily because good fishing could be gone in a few years if that’s true. I’m telling my wife!!! See you on the river.

Fish report, lots of white bass, see lots of people catching them too. One giant 45 lb+ carp and some 20+ pounders, not too many eyes yet. Honestly, I haven’t had enough time lately on the Rock and when I was out I was trying to experiment a bit scouting for smallies and/or crappies – didn’t find any. I tried casting a bit for northern & muskies too – didn’t get any since early summer. My best fish was a 23″ walleye caught on a 1/4 oz. knuckleball jig/minnow mid-June. I saw a 25″ walleye floating nearly dead a couple weeks later. That’s the last big ones I’ve seen this summer.

Speaking of seeing stuff, Jeff, where have you been? I’ve only noticed you out once.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Databoy….been looking for Jeff, too. whad-ya-say we start a “Where’s Jeff” thread, so that folks can report sitings like Waldo and Elvis??

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Jeff?

Jeff who?

I thought he moved to Hawaii.

jags

Hear Jeffy, Jeffy, Jeffy. For those of us with limited access (or time) for water, we miss your reports. Hear Jeffy, Jeffy, Jeffy.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

When I’m clamed up you guys should now by now the fish are biting. I love you guys to, eat your heart out. This is why I’ve been so quit this summerthe fish are biting but have slowed so now I’m back

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Well those definitely are NOT fat head carp.

I imagine the trolling bite should be getting ready to get going again.

Looking forward to getting out there and watch Z-man tangle with some 8 inch walleyes. Sorry 18 inchers

Will be at the inlaws again so hopefully I won’t throw my back out again.

Good to hear you are still out there keeping those eyes in line.

D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.