Water endangered species in Rock River

• carpking
    Janesville, WI.

I have NEVER, I repeat NEVER seen the water this low on the Rock River in Janesville. I can literally walk across the river at knee level in front of my house. There are sections of river that I doubt even the fish can go through between Hwy 11 bypass and the monterey dam. It isnt very hard to find fish – find a hole over 2 feet deep and they are stacked in it.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Anybody here about the guy that’s missing on Kosh

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

I was out yesterday and Lake Mills, Jefferson and Rock county divers were all out looking. Looked like his boat was anchored out from stinkers bay. Not sure what happened or if they found him or not. Had to be a tough search with water as green as it is.

GEEMAN
    Fort Atkinson , WI

They found the body Sat morning according to the news. Bummer. Thoughts and prayers for the family.

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

There are those who underestimate this big body of water! Its sad! On a similar note, I watched a man take his kids and walk across the top of Monterey dam yesterday to fish. No life jackets and no concern for the undercurrent below dam if any had fallen.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Hopefully you guys got some of the rain we did. Sounds like the rock is getting pretty low.

D

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Not sure how much of a difference it makes, but the spillgate at Monterey dam is busted and its flowing wide open.

GEEMAN
    Fort Atkinson , WI

The spillgates busted ? SWELL ! How long has it been that way ?

Deisel , we got about 2.75″ of rain over the wknd. According to the river gauge in town the river is up about 2″. Like CK said it won’t matter if that gates busted. GRRRRR !!!!
    This low water scene really sucks ! I hope all the folks that wanted it this way are happy. They obviously don’t use the lake or river.

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

From what I have found out it has been broken for several weeks now. Though this doesnt really make a difference much on water level of river below the dam where I live, I can imagine it has quite a bit of effect on the river sytem above Monterey. The river has risen a few inches since the rain but I am sure this wont last long.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.