Report – Dragging Lines on Lake Koshkonong

• diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Well ladies and gentlemen I finally made it out on Saturday for the first time of the year thanks to the birth of Nate .

Got on the water about 330pm and ran to one of my favorite spots. To make the story short. A lot of boat traffic over the rock pile. Trolled at speeds of 1.7 to 2.9 with husky jerks, jointed shad raps, shallow shad raps, and anything else I could put out there. Not much action trolling given the traffic and the weather change. One small northern and three white bass. Ran into Bola on the water. Good to see ya again . Find any fish? Notice the wind started to pick up a bit making for a nice chop at sundown and the fish appeared to be more active as I caught the white bass just before the sun went down. Very aggressive as it pulled the line out of the board clips. Nice fish too!

Overall a great day on the water. Learned a few things about dragging boards. Always keep track of your lines when you are putting the boards out. The first line out on new setups (boards, line, lure, and rod) right into the engine. Talk about being a board rookie. Glad the line snapped. Cleaned the mess up and got back to work.

Should have seen the signs from the fish gods it was going to be a long day.

Looking forward to more adventures of dragging boards on Kosh.

Diesel

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Trolling bite was slow for me also Saturday. After I left you Diesel I went to the river and found some fish. Will have a report up Wednesday morning. Here’s a couple walleye I caught on Sunday.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Yeah I figured as much

I know I should have left the “fishing kiss of death at home” but me being the nice guy ya try help a buddy forget about his problems.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.