2004 Fall Fishing Updates

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Well I have two updates on the Rock River, water temps 38 to 40 the other update will be in my report Tuesday. Anybody else have any fall updates?

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

Pool 13 this weekend had a water temp of 43, out of the current, 4′-6′. I am working on a report as well. Three words describe the action; SLABS! SLABS! SLABS!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thanks for the report Jeff.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Here’s some of the fish I caught this weekend.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Fish on Saturtday were caught on live bait and plastic. The best plastic bite still to come. Fish are still scattered and anglers are catching fish from boats and shore. Vertical jigging seems to work best but they are catching fish casting jig and plastic and jigs and minnow anchored and from shore. Here’s a nice sauger caught vertical jigging 12 fow. On Sunday no fish came on plastic all on jig and minnow.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Also saw some nice walleye caught like this one Saturday and Sunday. Sunday the fish I saw caught was a little bigger than this one.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Nice fish to be had on the Rock as usual. As you told Pete if I can catch them they must be biting.

Looking to get out thursday if I can cancel a couple of meeting. Will let ya know.

And yes the wife couldn’t believe it

D

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Off I go to the mighty Rock at Newville……see if I can accidently catch a couple fish!

z-man
    Dousman, WI

No reports for the weekend?? Or did the “hunter” in your split personalities mononpolize your time this weekend?? Work and family commitments took my time, so no reports from this guy, but anyone been out?? Gonna try to make it somewhere this week.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Was out Friday with only one sauger to take to the frying pan. Water temp went up 10 degrees and it has shocked the eyes again. Soon as water temp gets back to the 40’s the anglers will back. Got my doe today so now I can finally shot all those bucks I’ve been seeing.

lundmann23
    Franklin

shot 2 does on sunday morning. passed on some small bucks. one nice shooter buck came in right after closing. story of my life.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Good to hear from you Lundman, congrats on the deer. I had to pass on a buck Saturday because I have to earn a buck tag. Then couple hours later a doe came in but it was a white one (albino) can’t shoot those either. Story of my life . Sunday I finally got my doe so now I’m hunting for the 30 pointer .

lundmann23
    Franklin

that must have been cool to see an albino. we use to watch a nice albino buck up north. i found out he got hit by a car and is now on display in the city hall or school or something.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Jeff and Z I plan to head out on Sat for possibly the last time for the year. I’ll let ya know what happens.

Derek

z-man
    Dousman, WI

good luck on Saturday. Was out yesterday afternoon from bout 12:30 till 5 or so. started at the mouth for two drifts from the power lines, and had two or three hits on plastic, and none on jig/minnow. Hit a couple of the holes up from byp0ass later on, and had a couple fish on, and boated one dink, but that was it.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Ed did you get the water temp?

remingtonhunting
    Southern WI

New to the forums so not sure this will work. Koshkonong usually any good for eyes through the ice? I’m from Janesville and will be home for winter break. Plan on hitting a few lakes hard and don’t know if Kosh. is worth trying since it’s so big and shallow. I’ve never really fished it before, usually fish the rock in Janesville.
    Any tips or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steve

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Welcome aboard Steve you found the right place for adivce . Your going to love this web-site it’s the best in the world. Lake Koshkonong is an awesome fishery for walleyes and saugers in the winter, spring or fall and that goes for the Rock River also. As far as ice fishing the 10,000 acer big pond you have to move around to find the fish. If you wait for the fish to come to you, you might go days with out a fish. This is where a four wheeler comes in handy. First off get a map on the lake, some of the best places to fish for the walleyes are at the ice heves and springs should get you started. Stay away from the crowds and always be carefull on this lake, the ice conditions change daily. One spot could have 12 inches and another might be two inches. You have to respect this lake or it could make you part of it. We will keep you up to date on ice conditions and how the fish are biting the best that I can. Stay with this web-site and you will become a better angler on the Rock River and Lake Koshkonong and catch walleyes like the one in this picture.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hi Steve,

Welcome to IDA. Jeff knows that area as good as anyone and he does a GREAT job of keeping us all “in the know” about the bite on the Rock and on Kosh. The size of some of the fish they’ve pulled from those two bodies of water this summer / fall has been very impressive!

If and when you do get on the ice and should luck shine on you don’t forget to take a few pics to share with all of us here. We love fish pics and stories!

Quote:

New to the forums so not sure this will work. Koshkonong usually any good for eyes through the ice? I’m from Janesville and will be home for winter break. Plan on hitting a few lakes hard and don’t know if Kosh. is worth trying since it’s so big and shallow. I’ve never really fished it before, usually fish the rock in Janesville.
    Any tips or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steve

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thanks H2O and good morning Like James say pics and info help all of us. So Steve when you catch a batch of walleyes please share your info.

remingtonhunting
    Southern WI

Okay thanks for the info. guys. Nice eye!! I’ll be sure to take a few pics. when i’m out and about. Kosh. sounds kind of like a hard/ dangerous place to fish through the ice. I have a snomobile with studs but with the drastic change in ice conditions may Delevan be a better place for me? I’ve fished Delevan before but was thinking Kosh. was better for eyes?? I’ve hunted Kosh. so I really know how shallow it gets. I just don’t want to get my self in any trouble out there.

Thanks,
    Steve

WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

Welcome aboard Steve,

hard-water
    Milwaukee, WI

Yes……Welcome aboard Steve..

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Steve I’m not trying to scare you from Kosh just want you to be carefull and you will not have a problem. Some years you don’t have to worry and some you do and that goes for any lake.

Quote:

Okay thanks for the info. guys. Nice eye!! I’ll be sure to take a few pics. when i’m out and about. Kosh. sounds kind of like a hard/ dangerous place to fish through the ice. I have a snomobile with studs but with the drastic change in ice conditions may Delevan be a better place for me? I’ve fished Delevan before but was thinking Kosh. was better for eyes?? I’ve hunted Kosh. so I really know how shallow it gets. I just don’t want to get my self in any trouble out there.

Thanks,
    Steve

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.