Lake Zumbro Update

• bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Sunday morning was one of those days where you had to work for your fish. Slow trolling Mini-Mites with a waxie over deep water with the electric trolling motor caught me bluegills…..and bluegills….and …oh did I mention bluegills. lol. You guessed it….the crappies never showed up that morning. Sounded like a really hard bite from everyone I talked to.

Tuesday night I got smart and brought three of my grandkids with me so they could show me how to catch fish. We….ok..THEY caught both bluegills and crappies. Most of the crappies were on the smaller side but a few nice ones were caught. Mitchell and Makenzie were the two fishing while grandpa ran the boat and little Nate [2 years old] kept track of how many fish were caught. Since he ran out of fingers to count on I never did get the final count. Again the fish were hanging out in deep water. The water temp was 78.5 so it has dropped alittle bit as we get closer towards the end of summer. We are suppose to have a low air temp tonight in the 40s so that will help to push the temps down alittle which can help the bite.

Please feel free to share with all of us about your fish outtings. We ALL learn from everyones sharing. Even a poor bite report is helpfull because it helps people in the process of narrowing down which technique or lure/bait that might work the best.

Its almost September so be sure and get out on the water before another season of winter comes around.
    Thanks, Bill

markmoran
    Rochester MN

Thanks Bill, always like your reports!

fireline
    Rochester

Bill, my Brother and I were out Wednesday morning testing out my 25hp motor and fished till 12:30 with mini-mites and minnows ,nothing. On the way back in we put on mini rap and caught four Crappies and missed about four more .We were in 25 to 30 fow.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Did you downsize your boat and are now running a 25hp motor on a different boat? What brand of motor is it Tom? How do you like it? Been out much? Gee….I ask alot of questions. lol.
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.