Lake Zumbro Update

• bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I was out there Monday night and the water looked alot better [cleaner] and only alittle bit of wood floating in a few spots. Those that know me will know how I was fishing. lol. Slow trolling with the electric trolling motor Mini-Mites which is a light jig with plastic [Hooked On Fishing has them] and a waxie added caught alot of crappie and only 1 or 2 bluegill. The crappies were not big as they were only 8 1/2” to 11” [most towards the smaller size] but it was great seeing that many crappies. Normally I wood catch alot more gills than crappies but not this night. It sure was nice having a day without rain. Seems like about everyday it has rained lately so seeing the sun was sooooooo nice.

Please feel free to post about how you do when fishing out there or any others bodies of water in the area. I’m not looking for spots just about how you did on your outting. We ALL learn from each other’s sharing so please feel free to share. Thanks. :waytogo
    Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I was out on Lake Zumbro today [Saturday] and the bite was very slow. That explained why there were hardly any fishermen out but tons of skiers, tubers, and pleasure boats on the lake. I did catch some crappies and bluegills but had to work to put just a few in the boat and all were released as usual. It was a beautiful relaxing sunny day to be out on the water.
    Thanks, Bill

markmoran
    Rochester MN

I always appreciate your updates Bill!!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks Mark. They don’t always have good results but atleast a person knows they are honest.
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.