Lake Zumbro

• bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Finally on the water after having no boat this year til now. I stored my 17 1/2 ft Alumacraft at Smitty’s over the winter and decided this spring to down size boats so I left the bigger boat there and ordered a small 16 ft boat with a small Evinrude Etec motor. Wednesday I hit the head of the Lake Pepin where a few walleye and sauger were being caught trolling leadcore and shad raps and then met Nate at Lake Zumbro when he got off work. Slow trolling Mini-mite jigs with a waxie caught us both crappie and gills over deep water. Sure felt great being back on the water. And now we get all this rain…ok….who ordered it? lol. Summer is here…lets ENJOY IT!
    Thanks, Bill

Dave G
    Rochester, MN

Hey Bill,

Congratulations on the new boat, please post a picture of it. If I see it out there, I can stop over and we can share the day’s hot spots with each other. I am sure it will work just fine for Lake Zumbro and Pool 4. My 16′ boat has served me well on those waters for the last 8 years, as I try not to fish in big waves nor run long distances. Those size boats are easy for one person to handle launching, loading, and pushing around the garage. You should enjoy it for many years.

Dave Gulczinski

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Those grandkids should be at the ready for gramps to get them out! Glad you were able to get out!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

Hey Bill,

Congratulations on the new boat, please post a picture of it. If I see it out there, I can stop over and we can share the day’s hot spots with each other. I am sure it will work just fine for Lake Zumbro and Pool 4. My 16′ boat has served me well on those waters for the last 8 years, as I try not to fish in big waves nor run long distances. Those size boats are easy for one person to handle launching, loading, and pushing around the garage. You should enjoy it for many years.

Dave Gulczinski

fireline
    Rochester

Bill did you save your smooth ride seat?

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

Bill did you save your smooth ride seat?

Good morning Tom. I kept one of them and let the other one go with boat. I presently don’t have it in the new boat but will add it later. They are VERY nice to have. For anyone who isn’t sure what Tom and I are talking about theres a banner on the left side of the screen called Smooth Move Seat Mounts that you can click on to see what they are. I’m still figuring out just how I want the inside rigged. I have most of the rod holders in and rod-savor hold down staps in but haven’t had enough time in it yet to complete everything. Have you been out much on the water since you retired?
    Thanks, Bill

fireline
    Rochester

Hey Bill not as much as I would like .Was out with Dave G. on Thursday four fish. Have to rewire my trailer but have to order some LED lights first. Nice boat you have. Tom

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.