Cascade

• kander1

So when is Cascade going to be open for boats? Or is it already. I drive by it on 14 a couple times a day and I never seem to see anybody fishing there.
    Thanks Kevin

Chris
    Rochester, MN

I’d like to know if there have been stocking efforts or if it is even needed? The walking bridge from 7th street appears to be going up nicely but I don’t think they put a boat ramp in yet. There wasn’t one there the past summer when my family and I went for walks around it.

Chris

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The lake won’t be officially opened until all mining operations have ceased and equipment removed. There is a lot of shoreline enhancement yet to be done anyway.

As for stocking, only walleyes are being put in, when I have no idea but maybe already.

fireline
    Rochester

Anyone know where the boat ramp will be located ?

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I think on the NE corner of the main lake. There is a half of a landing there now. There was a site map of the park’s layout somewhere on the internet but I can’t recall where I saw it.

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Here is PDF of the MAP with all of the details if you scroll down.

Updates to the project can be found HERE.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks Chris. Got GPS cordinates yet??? lol [private joke] It sounds like it will be a very nice park with a lake for fishing and swimming. I just hope that when its done and open everyone will leave the walleyes alone for a few years so they can grow. From what I’ve heard it sounds like people were taking them out of Lake Zumbro this past winter and that could maybe cause the end of the stocking program there cause when the DNR stocks a lake they like to do surveys to determine if the fish are doing well and surviving. Removing the fish when they are small and just recently stocked will mean not many fish showing up so it could possibly cause them to stop stocking. We need to be VERY carefull with the lakes in this area as its easy to over fish these bodies of water and ruin them. We all will benefit if we take care of our lakes. And that means much much more fun.

Time sure is going by fast. Before you know it the fishing opener will be here. I want to wish all you guys and gals a VERY nice fishing year this year.
    Thanks, Bill

sbr_it

Do we know if the plan is to routinely stock Cascade on a regular basis with walleyes or is it going to be more or less a 1 time deal? I know some of those smaller lakes in the southwestern part of the state they stock on a pretty regular basis. I’m guessing its going to be more or less treated as a put and take type lake for walleyes or are they going to expect some type of natural reproduction to happen?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.