Ski Club Rumor

• eronningen
    Rochester, MN

I heard that Fisherman’s Inn will not be allowing the ski club to hold shows there anymore. This is 2nd hand info, not sure if its true. Anyone know anything more???

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I heard it from a lake resident located near the restaraunt that Jim Peterson of Fishermans has sent a letter ending the relationship with the ski club at the end of this year.
    Can we say bye-bye?

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Interesting.

sbr_it

Quote:

I heard it from a lake resident located near the restaraunt that Jim Peterson of Fishermans has sent a letter ending the relationship with the ski club at the end of this year.
    Can we say bye-bye?

One could only hope. This would be great news.

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

we all have to share the water

coletrain01
    Rochester MN

man i hope this is true!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Be sure and take your smaller age kids out to see the water ski show as they will really enjoy it. Has anyone heard where they would move it to? Silver Lake in Rochester or the new lake thats being built in Rochester?
    Thanks, Bill

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

they are building a new lake in rochester? is there going to be any muskies???

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Bill’s referring to Cascade Lake complex. No muskies. I’d bet they’d be welcomed there.

Silver Lake would be ideal…maybe get some grass back on the banks as the geese would likely move off due to the club. Win-win in my book.

Chris
    Rochester, MN

I thought Cascade was to be electric only?

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

I thought Cascade was to be electric only?

It is Chris. But you never know what the city will do. A special permit could maybe be possible for the show only just like the city did one year for the show to be on Silver Lake.
    Thanks, Bill

kander1

A guy I know lives out there and he thought they would still be around yet this year but gone next year. Also somewhere along the line I heard they were trying to get permits to do it at Foster Arend, does that sound right?

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I haven’t heard anything about F-A. I think the best place is Lake Shady….give them the park on the north to store the stuff. That might be incentive enough to get that puddle dredged FIRST so it doesn’t all end up in the Zumbro when that gets done.

72starcraft
    Rochester, MN

I was out on Zumbro last week and saw the Rochester ski team practicing with their jump and everything in the water so Fishermann’s Inn must have come to some compromise.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

What’s gone around is that they can finish this season, then they have to pull it.

minnesotsakid
    ROCHESTER

As far as dredging the puddle(lake shady) that is in the works. If people would attend meetings they would know that. The state will be dredging shady to save money on fill to build the new overpass(‘s)on the north side of oronoco as discussed at the last lake meeting. As far as the ski club goes it sounds like foster will be a host. They will have a weekly show there for the month of july this year to see how it goes. All as I can say is many will be happy to see them any where but zumbro, but anywhere they end up it will start a new problem. The best fix is for them to just build a private pond/lake like the majority of the show teams already have.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I’d heard in the past that a mining company offered to clean the lake out free of charge if they could have the sand. That was quite a while ago though. Apparently there is a buch of sand in the sediment and I can see where the community might be smart to reap the reards in it for the new construction up that way.

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Interesting stuff. Thanks for the updates.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.