Lake Zumbro Update

• bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I went out to Lake Zumbro yesterday for the purpose of driving around using up gas so it wouldn’t be sitting in my gas tank all winter. I have a 40 gal tank and it was almost half full. I don’t use much gas when fishing Lake Zumbro so I had alot of driving around to get rid of it. It was a GREAT day weather wise to be on the lake. After getting rid of the main tank gas I ran my kicker to get rid of some of that gas. I trolled a Mini-mite jig as slow as the kicker would go and not a bite. Then I decided to fish a couple spots using the electric trolling motor and still not even a bite. I talked to several people at the boat ramp when putting in and when taking out and only one person had caught one fish. The water level was lowered a couple weeks ago and now with the rain we have had it is up above normal summer pool level. That will goof the fish up and it apparently has done just that. The water temp was 47 degrees. Next time I think live bait would be the ticket . If you get out please feel free to post and share how you do. My thinking is morning and evening time would be the best times.
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.