Lake Zumbro Saturday AM Fun

• bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Its a Saturday morning, even a Holiday weekend, You have a bad case of fishin pox, what do you do? You hit Lake Zumbro and catch your fish and are off the water before all the pleasure boats get there.

Weekends are made for fishing.

The plan was working great. I haven’t been on the water for atleast two months due to a knee problem. The new knee is, its working, been paying my dues with rehab, its time to hit the water. The first spot was great. Lots of fish, lots of fun, boy it sure felt great to be back on the water. YES!!!!!!!

In fact, everyday is made for fishing.

The bite started to slow down some so we decided to try a few other spots. Turned out to be a mistake as the bite was very slow in our other areas we wanted to try. And that means its time, even though it was VERY relaxing on the water, to regroup our ideas and stay with the first pattern that worked well for us.

Crappie bite was almost nonexistant but the gills
    were plentifull.

Heres the scoop on what pattern worked the best for us. We beat most of the fishermen to get on the water. There were quite a few fishermen out fishing in the morning eventually but not very much for pleasure boaters all morning which was nice. The pattern that worked best was fishing docks that had deep water in front of them. The fish were both close to the docks and alittle ways out in front of them too. We used, yes you guessed it [lol] Mini-Mites with a waxie. About 95% of the fish caught were bluegills/sunfish with a slow jigging motion or held pretty much still. We fished mostly 6-8 feet down over deep water. The slow trolling method and the bobber method didn’t produce very many fish. Normally the slow trolling method will give me alot of fish but not this day. The winds were pretty much still which could be the reason the trolling bite didn’t work as the water is VERY clear and calm.

As you can tell by the pics Mike has lost alot of weight and has kept it off too. Looks great bud. [just don’t tell Barb I said that, lol]

Be sure and get out this weekend and catch some fish. The forecast calls for very nice weather all weekend. Take your camera and be sure to let us know how you do on the water.
    Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

The evening bite is picking up for crappies. They have been suspending off of the breaks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.