Zumbro Panfish League

• nate-cadwell
    Rochester, Mn

Hey Guys

It’s that time of year again, and after talking it over with a few of us that fish these events every week. We decided they will go as follows.

Start Date will be Wednesday May 06 2009

(and every Wednesday after that until the end of Sept.)

Launch Weigh in and Registration will be at Ponderosa Boat Ramp at 4:45pm

Tournament hours will be from 5pm-8pm (hours will extend a little as the day light lengthens)

Entry fee: $10.00 per guy and $1.00 optional big fish pot.

Bag Limit: Weigh your 4 best Crappies and 4 best Bluegills to make up your 8 fish limit. Big fish can be any species that is in season.

Pay out: 100% pay back 1 spot for every 5 anglers

1 spot for 1-5 anglers

2 spots for 6-10 anglers ETC.

Hope to see you all there and as always these tourneys are very low key and alot of fun come fish one or fish them all.

Hope to see you Wednesday night

Any Questions feel free to ask, PM or call (507) 536-3933

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

The weather was FANTASTIC tonight. Top weight tonight was 4.5 lbs. caught by Nate Cadwell. Theres a mix of small gills and some big bullgills being caught. Nates biggest gill was 9 3/4” long and over 3/4 of a lb. Crappies were both small and big. The bigger gills are the size of the ones that the lake is famous for in the fall time. PLEASE put the big gills and crappies back or it will seriously damage the fishery. If we want to continue to enjoy the fishery we have down there guys we must return the big ones. THANKS. Again HOF’s Mini-Mites were king.
    Thanks, Bill

ron_weltzin
    Rochester, MN

So what were the results, who did what?

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

So what were the results, who did what?

Please see my post/reply above Ron. Due to a bad weather forcast for that night [which never happened] Nate and I were the only ones and I got there late due to can’t get off early til this summer on Wed nights. Also the Opener was that weekend so we expected a poor turn out.
    Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

My apology goes to Rick Cordie as, Rick, Nate, and I were the only ones fishing last Wed night due to the storm scare that hit Rochester, but yet turned out to be nice weather at Lake Zumbro, as we had to shut the motor down and take out as I was afraid of blowing my motor as it sounded terrible and was missing like crazy. I ended up finding out that the carberators were bad and needed rebuilding. Smittys rebuilt two of the carbs in order for Nate to be able to use it this weekend for fishing the MWC tournament in Lake City and the other 2 carbs will be rebuilt next week when the parts come in. I’m sorry Rick that we had to leave and couldn’t get ahold of you to let you know what was happening other than leaving a note on your truck window wiper. Sorry bud. But for the record…Rick did win his first event fishing this year.
    Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Top 4 were:

Rick Cordie 3.9 lbs.
    Nate Cadwell 3.8 lbs.
    Evan Maas 3.6 lbs.
    Scott Allen 3.4 lbs.

As we can all see the weights were very close. Looks like I missed a good night of fishing. Congrats guys.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

The Wednesday night event [June 17th] will start at 5:00 and weigh in at 8:30. Nate will not be there and I have to work until 5:00 so everyone can just meet and take off from the Ponderosa landing at 5:00 and then pay their entry fee at the 8:30 weigh in. See you there.
    Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

The Wednesday night event [June 24th] will start at 5:00 and weigh in at 8:30. Nate will not be there and I have to work until 5:00 so will be late so everyone can just meet and take off from the Ponderosa landing at 5:00 and then pay their entry fee at the 8:30 weigh in. See you there.
    Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

The Wednesday night event [July 1st] will start at 5:00 and weigh in at 8:30. Nate will not be there and I have to work until 5:00 so will be late so everyone can just meet and take off from the Ponderosa landing at 5:00 and then pay their entry fee at the 8:30 weigh in. See you there.
    Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Take off is at 5:00 again Wed 7-8-09. Nate is working and I don’t get off work till 5:00 so those fishing just meet at the Ponderosa ramp at 5:00 and then take off and weigh in at 8:30. See you there at the weigh in as I will be late.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Take off is at 5:00 again Wed 7-15-09. Nate is working and I don’t get off work till 5:00 so those fishing just meet at the Ponderosa ramp at 5:00 and then take off and weigh in at 8:30. See you there at the weigh in as I will be late for take off.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.