Suggested lure/bait for Rochester lakes?

• rcn_brian
    Andover, MN

I will probably go to one of the reservoirs in Rochester Thursday. I have a large selection of jigs and colors, but am looking for guidance on suggested colors/baits for crappies and perch. Any ideas?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Here is a quote from an ealier post ..hope it helps you out..

“10’s in diamond jigs and gill pills- favorite colors would be froggie and firetiger- size 8 in ratso and shrimpo, with favorites being pink/white, glow, and black”

You also have a PM

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The #12 diamond jigs is a great start. If you want to fish a we bit larger, try a Jigging Demon.

A great “standard” color is the glow red. Another that is making itself know, but not available at a retail level except at Hookedonfishing, is purple over gold diamond jig with a spot of ultraglow on it. This color has been exceptional for larger sunfish and crappies all thru the Rochester and backwaters areas.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Stop out and see Mike at HOF and he will show you what these jigs are. He will also give you the latest fishing info so you know which lakes have the best bite going right now. And please let us know how you do.
    Thanks, Bill

dan-thiem
    Zumbro Falls Mn.

So far for me I been using the gold diamond jig tipped with a waxie on Zumbro. Working good for the gills.

And on Fosters for trout I been using a green and glow deamon jig tipped with a fathead minnow.

Got both of these “go-to” baits at Hooked on Fishing. Sucsessful year so-far!

rcn_brian
    Andover, MN

Was at Silver Creek Reservoir today. Caught sunnies and crappies. The best color today was white glow Diamond Jig. Fishing in 12 feet of water from sun up to sun down.

rcn_brian
    Andover, MN

Went to Silver Creek again today – Sunday. What a cold, windy day. I used my new ice house – Clam Fish Trap Pro – and it worked great. Was on the ice from Noon until 6:30 PM. I caught 2 sunfish and 1 crappie. Marked lots of other fish, but they just wouldn’t bite on waxie or minnow -many different color jigs used. Anyone else havung luck?

paulk
    River Falls, WI

Hey Brian check your PM!

Paul

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I would have to say Ratso, Diamond jig, and the gill pill.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.