ice conditions?

• coletrain01
    Rochester MN

hello, im thinking of heading to fosters wednesday or thursday. is the place safe to fish about anywhere there? also how about lake zumbro? im assuming there still isnt enough ice there. thanks!

Chris
    Rochester, MN

I work right by Fosters so I look at it daily. Today the snow was wet in a couple of places by the beach where the springs are.

I wonder about The Zumbro…I’m looking forward to fishing it within the next few weeks. Any reports?

eyebuster
    Duluth

Was on Fosters both Sat and Sun Ice on the north side was anywhere from 2-4 inches. South side had much more but never did take a measurement 6 maybe. The east shoreline still had some open water.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks guys for the updates on the ice. Very much appreciated.
    Thanks, Bill

thegun
    mn

I was out on Lake Pepin today! ice was 3″ to 3 1/2″ in the out of current areas! found some small eyes! I would guess that zumbro is some what the same!

Just remember when your dealing with current! THINGS CAN CHANGE QUICKLY! stay away from points and constantly check the ice as you go!

if your in doubt about weather the ice is safe give it a few more cold days!

be safe out there!

coletrain01
    Rochester MN

sounds good thanks guys!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I spoke with people who live on the lake today and no-one has been going out. The golf tournament at Grandpa Eds last weekend was not held on the ice.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.