Clear Lake

• jmj83
    Rochester,MN

Anyone been over to clear lake in waseca? planning to go on Wed. and just wondering?
    Good Luck

jmj83
    Rochester,MN

Made it over to clear lake in waseca on Wed. with my grandpa. Got there at about noon and fished til 7:00. . Pretty good day caught many species of fish. Caught some nice gills, the biggest one was pry 8″. Picked some descent crappies ranging from 8-10″. A few perch, 1 tulibee, and 1 18″ snake northern caught on a tip-up. Was using a small glo jig tipped with waxie for most of the fish, caught a couple on minnows. There was about 14″ of ice where we were at and just about everyone was driving out. Everytime someone drove by the ice cracked something fierce But there were a ton of shacks out their. All in all in was a great outing with gramps. Fished out of his Voyager so there was pleny of room.
    Good Luck

sbr_it

I wish I could have found some of those 8-10″ crappies last May. We camped over Memorial Day weekend last year and caught nothing but dinks as far as crappies were concerned. A few decent bass made it to the boat, but other than that a lot of small stuff. Sure gave my at the time 3 1/2 year old a great time catching them though.

jmj83
    Rochester,MN

You had to pick and choose, some were pretty small. I was fishing the west side about 15′ of water.
    Good Luck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.