I’m Thinkin’ I’m Either Jinxed or . . . .

• lew
    Kasson, MN

I could just be a bad fisherman. I went out wading the Zumbro this morning starting at about 7:30. I was heading upstream from the green bridge at County Rd 7. I was targeting smallies, but by no means was I being choosy. Right off the bat I noticed that the water ‘seemed’ higher and faster than I remembered. I wondered if maybe the dam was allowing additional flow at that time. I attempted a few casts with fuzzy grub. With no luck I made the switch to a tube bait. Later still I switched to a #9 Rapala. The closest I got to a fish was a carp that surfaced about 20 feet away. My next move was to head down below the Oronoco Dam. I still had my Rapala on and finally managed to pick up a chubby white bass. I press on down stream a little further and switched to first a chartruse and then white twister tail. Nothing more. By 11 am I was heading back home wishing I had tryed the Root River instead.

Oh well, it was still nice to be out on the water again. Maybe the next time will be luckier.

hof
    Rochester, MN

Hey Lew,

Just gotta keep on trying! Better luck next time.

Good Fishing,
    Mike

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thats why its called fishin and not catchin Bud. I just spent two days on pool 4. Fished the river upper end Sat and sheephead, catfish and small saugers. Fished the lake Sunday and small eyes. There was a BIG MAYFLY HATCH that really slowed things down bigtime. BUT I had a great time anyway as I just plain o’l love being on the water.
    Thanks, Bill

mark p
    Rochester

About a week ago my wife and I fished upstream from the green bridge for about 1.5 hours and neither one of us caught a fish. That reminded me of why I quit fishing that area a couple of years ago. It just kept getting worse everytime I went there. I started catching quite a few northerns back then and thought that might be the reason.
    Has anyone had decent luck there this year?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.