Trout Stream Clarification

• lew
    Kasson, MN

Oops, I bought my fishing license today and forgot to get my trout endorsement. I’m relatively certain that I can get this taken care of any time, but just for the sake of asking . . .If I’m fishing for smallies on the Root River, do I need a trout endorsement? Or do I only need the endorsement if I am fishing in specified trout areas? Thanks All.

markmoran
    Rochester MN

the trout stamp as far as i know is for designated trout streams, if you are fishing on a designated stream you need the endorsement even if you don’t plan to kepp any trout. If it is not a designated stream then you should be okay, but you can’t keep any trout where ever you are. You should be able to add this to your license anytime. Good questions though have fun, It is always easier to be safe than sorry, pay the extra 10 dollars for the endorsement instead of the 100 dollar fine if you get caught somewhere you shouldn’t have been

hof
    Rochester, MN

Hey Lew,

You can add it any time, at any location that sells licenses. I believe Mark is correct on everything he said.

Good Fishing,
    Mike

lew
    Kasson, MN

Thanks Mark and Mike,

That’s pretty much what I figured on. I agree, I’ll just add the endorsement at my first opportunity and avoid the big fine later. Even if I don’t fish anywhere near a designated trout stream, it’s still money well spent.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.