need a place to fish off shore!

• angleanddangle88

does anybody know where i can catch some decent fish off shore???

iowa roger
    North central Iowa

I fish off shore too quite a bit. It does limit the places and acess to a lot of fishing area.
    Seems like ya need a boat to really get after em. This maybe my next thing I look at right now I am just thinking on it.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

any where from mayo wood to the top end of silver lake expecialy at the roller damns you can catch smallies and lots of other fish and silver lake has pan fish and bass and below silver lake as far as you want to go has smallies large mouth pan fish pike and some walleyes. also the zumbro out by oxbo park has smallies in it. there are also all of the flood control ponds around rochester that have good pan fish and bass in them.

ron_weltzin
    Rochester, MN

You pretty much qualify or restrict it when you said, quality fish. Oh sure there are numerous places to shore fish in and around Rochester. Silver Lake-the duck poop pond, the many reservoirs, Lake Zumbro-very few shore spots, Zumbro River and of course the Mississippi backwaters. Then of course the miles of trout streams in SE Minnesota.

All the places in the immediate Rochester area get pounded pretty hard. Lots of stunted fish, but not many if any quality fish.

Not a complete loss, depending on the time of the year.

Fall fishing can be some of the best around Wabasha and Kellogg in the backwaters for some pretty decent panfish.

Hooked on Fishing, a local bait shop stays pretty much on top of the reports and can be a good place to start. Then my friend, you are much like the rest of us, explore and just be in the right spot at the right time.

Most popular Mississippi backwater pan fishing spots.

Schmookers bridge

Pritchards

West Newton/Half Moon, both new and old

Finger Lakes/Pioneer dike and Campgrounds

Old Red Bridge

Wilcox

Wabasha Marina

Dike road/Pontoon slough/high lines

Long Walk

Alma High School

Alma Float

Moserman’s both upper and lower

Bass Camp

Yomans/poles

McNally’s

Minnesota City Marina

Bartlett Lake

Lake Winona/Huff street pier

Most popular Olmsted County/Rochester pan fish reservoirs/ponds/piers

Lake Zumbro

Foster Arends

KR-7

Cascade/Country Club Manor

Willow Creek

Game Haven

Chesterwoods Park

Silver Creek

Ed Stern
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

If you are close enough, the Dresbach Float offers some great fishing for more than a dozen species and….it’s more comfortable than normal shore fishing. If the Alma Float is closer, that, too gives you a wide variety of possibilities. Things are a bit slow right now, but should be picking up as the Fall stabilizes.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

All of the floats on the river should be hopping pretty quick. I see Alma’s water temp down to 55 this morning. Hair jigs should get fish now, with or without bait added.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.