Rochester & beyond

• haleysgold
    SE MN

I spent 6 hours on the tractor and blower yesterday. Couple pics of the driveway before, during and after.
    Gawd there is a butt load of snow out there!

Attachments:
    1. 20190224_112247.jpg

2. 20190225_100117.jpg

3. 20190225_190917.jpg

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

This little pile right next to the driveway is at 66″ right now.

I’m tired of it.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

This little pile right next to the driveway is at 66″ right now.

I’m tired of it.

How much snow do you guys actually have down that way? My snow banks along my drive way are about that size and it’s getting real old

haleysgold
    SE MN

How much snow do you guys actually have down that way? My snow banks along my drive way are about that size and it’s getting real old
    [/quote]

It depends. Some places 10 feet!
    If I had to guess there’s around 36 inches where the wind hasn’t piled it. I can walk about 20 yards thru it without the snowshoes. Even the snowmobilers get stuck off the groomed trails. The drifts are hard as a rock which doesn’t help moving the stuff.
    Tired of it is an understatement…
    But, not much I guy can do about it.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

On the flat in the yard we’re pretty close to 40″ right now.

I’m thinking this spring is going to be ugly with flooding. Lots of what we have on the ground now is wet snow, maybe 20 ” or so. And we’ve had a couple bouts of rain/freezing rain on frozen ground so there’s going to be plenty of water to get rid of and Rochester has no shortage of blacktop lots and pavement. I’m saying it ain’t going to be good. Got your waders handy haleysgold?

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Drake is around 95# and stands about 34″ tall when seated like this. This is the middle of the driveway in my front yard in Rushford.

Attachments:
    1. 20190225_091755.jpeg

haleysgold
    SE MN

Got your waders handy haleysgold?

I gave up on waders but I got a couple boats just itching to get on the water!
    At this rate, I’ll be able to launch em from the garage…
    You’re looking good Tom!
    Hopefully it’s not a no wake zone all spring and we can get together.
    Wonder what this will do to the dredging plans? And if the dredging will have any affect on the fishing? DNR says no…

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

They may be able to get the dredge in water around 37th Street if this melts very fast. Do a real clean-out.

skinnywater

Hopefully they didn’t cancel school after that little bit of dusting down there. When I was kid, up north mind you, we never had a single day cancelled for any reason, ever, period. We were men back then though

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Looks like you guys are going to get another dose on Friday. shock

Dan
    Southeast MN

Hopefully they didn’t cancel school after that little bit of dusting down there. When I was kid, up north mind you, we never had a single day cancelled for any reason, ever, period. We were men back then though

I really think it’s sad how kids nowadays will never be able to see in person what a road looks like when it goes uphill both ways.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I finally got mail today. We haven’t seen any since last Friday. I see in Stewartville just south of us they’re plowing city street curb snow over onto the sidewalks now to make more room for traffic to get thru. The residents who get the sidewalk covered gets a pass from the city as far as removing snow from the walks. I wish they’d do that here, I’d sign right up since most of what’s plowed now goes up and over onto my walk then I have to re-clean the walk.

Now about the mail…..I got my Barnes bullets I want to try in my .50 cal black powder pistol. 225 grain, .429 44 cal, XPB hollow points. All copper. They should move right along with 90 grains [volume measure] of BH209 powder. The 240 grain bullets I shoot now are clicking along at around 1550 feet per second so these should really scoot along with the same charge.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Some pics from Austin MN…

Attachments:
    1. al3.jpg

2. al4.jpg

3. al1.jpg

4. al2.jpg

riverruns
    Inactive

I finally got mail today. We haven’t seen any since last Friday. I see in Stewartville just south of us they’re plowing city street curb snow over onto the sidewalks now to make more room for traffic to get thru. The residents who get the sidewalk covered gets a pass from the city as far as removing snow from the walks. I wish they’d do that here, I’d sign right up since most of what’s plowed now goes up and over onto my walk then I have to re-clean the walk.

Now about the mail…..I got my Barnes bullets I want to try in my .50 cal black powder pistol. 225 grain, .429 44 cal, XPB hollow points. All copper. They should move right along with 90 grains [volume measure] of BH209 powder. The 240 grain bullets I shoot now are clicking along at around 1550 feet per second so these should really scoot along with the same charge.

Well that had to be tough on them for that long not getting out with the mail.
    I’m sure they did what they could. It’s not easy with this stuff right now.

Attachments:
    1. 20190225_103246.jpg

2. 20190225_103836.jpg

3. 20190225_095713.jpg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

You guys need to get the orange Styrofoam balls for your antenna like in the old days when roads were uphill both ways. grin

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I’ve got blue balls….will they work both ways?

Viewing 16 posts - 31 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.