Rochester area people…..

• Jimmy Jones

Get togethers seem to take off pretty well for those in the Twin Cities areas but can be a little far to trek for a lot of us.

How many of you Rochester area people are interested in having a get together here? Coletrain and I have been kicking this idea around thinking perhaps sometime late March or early April. Just off the cuff I’m thinking maybe Beetle’s would be a good venue with the open seating and atmosphere, but other suggestions are welcome.

Let’s hear some ideas!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Get togethers seem to take off pretty well for those in the Twin Cities areas but can be a little far to trek for a lot of us.

How many of you Rochester area people are interested in having a get together here? Coletrain and I have been kicking this idea around thinking perhaps sometime late March or early April. Just off the cuff I’m thinking maybe Beetle’s would be a good venue with the open seating and atmosphere, but other suggestions are welcome.

Let’s hear some ideas!

I would travel down just to give you a handshake.

Jimmy Jones

You’d be more than welcomed BC.

haleysgold
    SE MN

You know I’m always up for beer and BS.

With good cooks like you and Cole, why not have it outdoors?
    I’m sure we could use the ZF Sportsmans Park in the Pavillion and grill up some mighty fine grub.

Between hearing loss and they ringing, anything inside sucks for me. I do have a hearing test in a couple days so hoping the Doc can fix me up.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’m a mile or so from Pool 4 if that counts as Rochester area.

Spring is tough with my job + cleaning up field roads and accesses for our leasers + getting trees planted…but if the gathering took place more into Late May/Early June I’d hopefully participate.

I’d clear my schedule if it was a Pool 4 fishing gathering for some postspawn/early summer action

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I would not have a problem going down to the Rochester area. That’s about the same distance away from me as the other IDO gatherings north.

tight_lines
    SE Minnesota

I would do my best to stop out! I live in town and have even caught some nice crappies on JJ’s plastics.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

2.5 Hr drive from St Cloud makes that one a little difficult, but I hope you guys can work something out for those down that direction. Always great to get to meet some of the people you chat with here from the site.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’d drive down. The North Star??? toast

Jimmy Jones

Probably not the guiding light eelpout. I’m assuming some ladies will accompany their guys and that place is no lady’s bar. But we’d love to see you wherever we end up.

B-man

Have fun guys!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Goose hunting in the 80’s.
    We’d drive down from S. Mpls, go to the N. Star for a few (too many) then go sleep in the P.U. at the state goose blinds.
    Shot some Monster Honkers back in the day.
    That 4 buck had some reach out and touch em capabilities.

55th
    49th
    trailer courts
    South end
    Got some good stories…

Coletrain27

Use to goose hunt every weekend. Population is way down here now. They still hunt around here but nothing like it use to be

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

You would probably like the Douglas saloon.
    Ain’t never been there but I have thrown a few back at Tilly’s after Gold Rush.

Coletrain27

Douglas saloon is a $shithole dive bar. Most the time there is a dog or two running around in there. Carpet on the walls from who knows how long ago still. And yes they have pull tabs rotflol

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Sounds like my kinda place.
    Dog or 2?
    2 legged or 4?
    Cause I’m good with both.

Coletrain27

Bahaha you would see both 2 legged and 4 there. We probably want to go to a little nicer place than there

haleysgold
    SE MN

Goose hunting in the 80’s.
    We’d drive down from S. Mpls, go to the N. Star for a few (too many) then go sleep in the P.U. at the state goose blinds.
    Shot some Monster Honkers back in the day.
    That 4 buck had some reach out and touch em capabilities.

55th
    49th
    trailer courts
    South end
    Got some good stories…

Jezuz EPG. I wonder how many times our paths crossed. Er maybe I don’t want to know? wave 80’s we were in the same bars and goose blinds. Leave 1 car at the blind and head to the North Star in the other. Shot a lotta pool there. Not to mention every other bar.
    4 buck was a hot load back then.

wkw

I’m only 25 mi from Roch. I’m in if dates fit.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.