Robin's (Burt Ward) Gentle Giant Dog Food

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Please create a new post and delete this one. It’s embarrassing to me. I saw that story about the food when I was vulnerable.

Cooperman
    Nevis, Mn.

Well I brought my dog in for a cough he had developed, so they took chest X-rays. Turns out he had bronchitis. While viewing the X-ray they notice he is develop an enlarged heart, or DCM, dilated cardio myopathy. CDM is what the CDC is investigating as a possible link to certain brands of grain free dog food.
    My Vet ask me what brand of dog food I was feeding my dog and I said Blue Buffalo wilderness. She told me to switch his food to one of the brands that has been around for a long time ( Science Diet, Iams, Royal canin), and no grain free food.
    I have switched his food and they want to see him back in 3 month to see if he is improving. I hope so.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

My old pug had an enlarged heart. He lived to 15.5 years. Not saying don’t switch, just saying don’t lose sleep over it.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Well I brought my dog in for a cough he had developed, so they took chest X-rays. Turns out he had bronchitis. While viewing the X-ray they notice he is develop an enlarged heart, or DCM, dilated cardio myopathy. CDM is what the CDC is investigating as a possible link to certain brands of grain free dog food.
    My Vet ask me what brand of dog food I was feeding my dog and I said Blue Buffalo wilderness. She told me to switch his food to one of the brands that has been around for a long time ( Science Diet, Iams, Royal canin), and no grain free food.
    I have switched his food and they want to see him back in 3 month to see if he is improving. I hope so.

Don’t overlook raw. It seems that grain and grain free have their downsides.

I’m heading here this afternoon to pick up my first order of raw dog food for my 13 y/o lab.
    https://www.rawdeliverymn.com/default.asp

Comes out to about the same cost as premium grain free, possibly less. It’s a complete food and you don’t need to supplement with anything else.

Cooperman
    Nevis, Mn.

Interesting.@biggill let us know how it goes.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.