Rhinelander WI

• gunsmith89
    eyota, mn

I will be heading up to visit one of my college friends who just moved up there in January. I am bringing up a sled so we can travel a ways across a lake. I am just wondering what to expect what to bring for equipment. I plan on targeting panfish during the day and Walleye just before dark.

If there are any lakes to stay away from or any that would be recommended please let me know. I don’t need anyone’s honey hole just a few pointer would be nice so I don’t end up in the dead sea. Any help is greatly appreciated. toast

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

gunsmith:

Where are you staying in RHI??? reverend might chip in here in a bit, my knowledge lies mostly north of RHI… You may fish pannies during the day on one body of water and then move to another for the nite bite for ‘eyes. Or you may need to move on the same body of water… unless you are lucky, then you might be able to find everything in one package.

Mark

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Gunsmith-What Mark said. Where you staying in Rhinelander? Let me know, I’ll help out if I can. I can’t say I’ve been tearing them up anywhere, but time is a factor for me…still, I keep my ear to the ground and may be able to steer you somewhere.
    Let me know…also, when are you coming?

“Sled”= snowmobile, or otter-type sled?

-Reverend

gunsmith89
    eyota, mn

I will probably be up the 2nd weekend in January. I am not sure where I am staying yet but I will update that as soon as I know.

I will be bringing a snowmobile and a two man clam ice shack as well.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Sounds good. Touch base with Mark and I after Christmas, and I’ll (hopefully) have something more current for you.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Sent you a PM.

gunsmith89
    eyota, mn

Thank you again! If you guys ever venture to Southern MN let me know.

gunsmith89
    eyota, mn

I will be heading up that way after work. I am going to deliver a snowmobile to my friend and try to get out on one of the lakes Saturday morning and possible in the afternoon. Sadly it looks like the only free weekend that I have for the next month is going to be a cold day fishing! It still will beat a day working!

gunsmith89
    eyota, mn

I will be actually be right by Lake Tomahawk instead of Rhinelander as well.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

gunsmith:

Sorry not to see til now… How did go??? Where did you try???

Mark

gunsmith89
    eyota, mn

We were on Tomahawk the 1st day and didn’t do so hot. In the bait shop it sounded like that was about how everyone else did too. I’m not sure the lake we were on the 2nd day but we did ice about 4 rock bass a perch and two walleyes which both made the slot. I’m thinking if we would have had a bit warmer weather things would have went better. The 1st day when we were heading out all 4 tip ups were robbed of their shiners and froze up so that could have been a few missed opportunities. I caught one of the walleyes on a tip up and the other on a natural perch colored jigging rap. We did mark several small fish (I think finger sized perch) but only a few big marks.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Sorry I didn’t see your updated earlier as well…the bite has been slow lately, we worked very hard Saturday for very little. Next time…

You come back this way, PM me ahead of time and we’ll update.

gunsmith89
    eyota, mn

Thank you. I still had a lot of fun even with little to show it was nice to be fishing on a lake where there were not 20 other houses next to you. It was a good weekend to be away from work!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.