Resort suggestions

• Steve Hale

We are planning a fishing trip for mid February to Mille Lacs. What resorts
    would you recommend and what area do we have the best chance to catch some fish.

The group is novice ice fisherman, but expert beer drinkers. Any advice would
    help. . Thanks

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Just my opinion but mid-February is not an ideal time to target walleyes. If that’s your only option, and you don’t care too much about catching fish then by all means. Hunters Pt, Red Door, Macs Twin Bay would be on my list.

Steve Hale

One of the group members – went to Appledoorns once and said it was nice. Thoughts??

Yeah only option is late season – Have gone to Upper Red and Lake of the Woods a few times and just trying something new.

What should we try to target at that time?

Thanks

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Mille lacs has good bottle bass bite that time of year.

Steve Hale

How does the spear fishing work? We have a few interested in that. Tips or thoughts?

Thanks

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Just my opinion but mid-February is not an ideal time to target walleyes. If that’s your only option, and you don’t care too much about catching fish then by all means. Hunters Pt, Red Door, Macs Twin Bay would be on my list.

This is the time of the year that Mille Lacs has earned its “Dead Sea” nickname for many.

nordern

Appledoorn’s should be a good choice. Very nice shacks and te perch bite can be good that time of year.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Appledoorn’s should be a good choice. Very nice shacks and te perch bite can be good that time of year.

X2 ^^^

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.