replacement/back up props — new boat owner

• lrott2003
    Wisconsin

Everyone,

I made the jump and bought a new (used) boat and looking to get back up prop.

I know which I need I have a mercury motor just looking for advice on where is best place to order from.

Thanks in advance.

If it matters I have a 4 Stroke Mercury Fuel Injected 50 Horse with prop that is 12 pitch.

Thanks in advance.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

CL has alot of em for cheap if it’s just a backup.

Otherwise aluminum props are fairly inexpensive, I’d check to make sure what you have on now is correct for your motor and just get another.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I have always gone through Cabelas. You can get both OEM Merc props or other brands.

Don’t fall for the composite or hard plastic prop just to save money or because it’s a “backup prop”. They are all junk IMO.

-J.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

PropMD Plymouth location is nice. Guy was helpful and walked out with a prop if your in the Twin Cities.

JMP1890

Call the propman in Brainerd. I just purchased a new stainless prop from him. Highly recommended.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Personally,
    Back up prop is the same as primary prop…

Bust the primary and toss on the secondary and off you go. Then repair/buy another identical for your new secondary.

cheers

Wont be very long until your backup becomes the main and the original main becomes the backup. Dont cheap out

The Greek

You don’t have this guys number do you? Thanks in advance

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

218-824-0000 Ricky.

zooks

I’ll echo what others have said – call either Prop MD in Plymouth or Ricky at Brainerd Props, both are great to work with.

Would also agree that if you don’t want a stainless prop, the Black Max or SpitFire props are quite nice and give very good performance vs an aluminum or composite prop.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.