Removing carpet in 1850

• bls1984
    wells,mi

Is there anywhere that will remove boat carpet and spray/roll on some kind of rubber floor or non slip?. Sick of carpet in my boat. Seems like there should be somewhere that does it… Asked the dealer and they thought it was crazy. Would do it myself but prefer to have it done by someone that has done it

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

Ive been in a boat where the owner did it himself. Roll on bedliner (tan.) Turned out fine, I wouldnt do it to my boat. I dont think he would do it again. Things on the floor moved around a lot more easily in transportation. Felt awkward to be in.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I have a friend that did this on his older Pro V. He removed the carpet himself and took to a good spray in bed liner business. They added extra texture and it turned out remarkably well !

bls1984
    wells,mi

Thanks that is worth checking into

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

I’ve been considering this for the last several months. I would say go for it. It can always be covered up with new carpet!

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

http://www.safe-floor.com
    This is a variation of what a few companies are using for boat floors. There are a few in the MI area that travel to different ports and spray charter boats as well as do it at their home shops.

bls1984
    wells,mi

The safe floor company is exactly what I’m looking for. But it says they are in Texas and miss. Sent them an email seeing if they have anything up this way. I would think wis or Minn would have something similar but haven’t found it yet

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

The safe floor company is exactly what I’m looking for. But it says they are in Texas and miss. Sent them an email seeing if they have anything up this way. I would think wis or Minn would have something similar but haven’t found it yet

I will look through my GLA magazines, that is where I first heard of the product and the company listed in the mag was in Michigan.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.